JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg My shooting buddy asked if I could bring some pulled chicken BBQ sammies. These have to "rest" before being made into his request. A couple of kaiser buns, some sauce, and of course Melinda's XXX hot sauce (mothers milk). I'll bring it warmed up. He promises sweet tea and chips.
We are sighting in my factory new Savage model 12 under a NF Atacr.
He is doing the work so the least I can do is make lunch.

Looks yummy. Just got done grilling some leg/thigh quarters and some broccoli grown in our garden for dinner. I know, broccoli on the grill sounds nuts, but I wrap it in a foil pouch with a tiny bit of olive oil and some garlic. The smoke from the charcoal and wood chips gets into it, and it is awesome.

I may have to use the leftover chicken for sandwiches tomorrow. That sounds awesome.....and I just got done eating.:D

NO FAIR! I need a brief description of the process (recipe) so I can taste and smell it too.

Mike

Here you go nothing fancy just good.

I use a Weber kettle.
Open all vents and start enough charcoal to bring the heat to 300 any higher and you WILL burn the thighs.
Depending on size a thigh=1 sandwich
Your thighs have been marinating in your favorite sugarless rub in the fridge for at least 4 hrs. (I used Mrs Dash Garlick and herb,I have to watch my salt)

Your ashed over charcoal is off to one side.
Place the thighs skin up directly over the coals and put on lid.

This method is great to rid your thighs of fat and using it for smoke flavor at the same time.

In a short period of time the dripping fat will start to smoke profusely, close the top vent to extinguish the by now burning fat. It will continue to smoke heavy. After 5 min raise the lid and turn meat. If you see one area is a hot spot put the least done thigh on it and do likewise with the others if need be. Work quickly because the hot fat will want to flare up. Put lid on and open top vent. You should be able to look through the vent and see if you are having a flair up...is so close the vent to extinguish.

After 5 minutes repeat the turning process and do again 2 more times.

When this is finished move thighs to other side of grill and cook about 20 to 30 minutes turning once.

When a kitchen thermometer reaches 165 they are done.

Remove skin and bones and use a fork to separate the meat in strands. Add warm BBQ sauce and coat meat.

Serve on Rolls with hot sauce of you choice on the side. This is a perfect match for potato salad and beans.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top