JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found some 22's at 2 different Bi-Mart's and bought a box from each store. One for me and one for a friend that is too young to enjoy retirement and was stuck at work. Her and her husband can now go and shoot her new Ruger and I get to feel like I did a good thing.

Check at all BiMarts. All stores received a large supply Newberg got 125 cases Yesterday.

See my thread in Great Deals.

Newberg Bimart is now out....Fri. 1:00 PM

Last Edited:
Midway can choke on it. I saw this happen to a few other members here, and just today they cancelled my order of 1 case of Federal .22. I placed this order in January of last year. I could accept the lengthy back order, I get that. I could accept cancelling for expired credit card on file. Mine wasn't. I was supposedly locked in at a relatively decent price, and they know they will now get about twice that. For the few bucks they saved hosing me, they lost a customer for life. I know most people won't react like me. Too many act like wild dogs fighting for a scrap of meat, and that's what Midway is banking on. I told them to cancel my account and I will never be doing business with them again. Not like I think this is going to send Midway into bankruptcy, just not my style to get jerked around when there are other options. I can shoot re-loadable 9mm for what, 20-25 cents per round, while I pick up a box of .22 off the shelf here or there.

Midway can choke on it. I saw this happen to a few other members here, and just today they cancelled my order of 1 case of Federal .22. I placed this order in January of last year. I could accept the lengthy back order, I get that. I could accept cancelling for expired credit card on file. Mine wasn't. I was supposedly locked in at a relatively decent price, and they know they will now get about twice that. For the few bucks they saved hosing me, they lost a customer for life. I know most people won't react like me. Too many act like wild dogs fighting for a scrap of meat, and that's what Midway is banking on. I told them to cancel my account and I will never be doing business with them again. Not like I think this is going to send Midway into bankruptcy, just not my style to get jerked around when there are other options. I can shoot re-loadable 9mm for what, 20-25 cents per round, while I pick up a box of .22 off the shelf here or there.

Same thing just happened to me! Ordered .22 lr ammo in Dec 13, updated my new credit card info with Midway last year and finally got the "You're SOL, we've canceled your order" email this week - 14 months later!

Not sticking up for Midway, nor am I agreeing or disagreeing with you Brent. But I assume they'd love to be filling all those orders and making a profit doing it. Not knowing exactly what goes on behind the scenes there, I'm guessing they're probably just as disappointed with the ammo climate as the rest of us.

Damn shame all around.

I'm sure you're right teflon. The proper thing for them to have done would be to give us the option of cancelling vs letting the backorder continue.

I was shopping Bi-Mart in Junction City last week, aske the Gun Marm there if she had 22LR, she said the Only 22 I have is 22 Shorts, I said Sold!!!

It travels so quietly out of my Uncle's 40's era Winchester 22 Single Shot, and with its 24" Barrel, why its already half way to the Squirrel!!! Or ... Other Meat.

I have over a Thousand rounds in just 22 Short... Whisper quiet, and Not made in Mexico, Of which I started boycotting their Ammo, a Decade ago, so I only have err, 500-600 rounds of Colbri. 22 Short is ~Almost~ as quiet, harder punch, and... Did I mention, not Mexican Ammo???

My 22 Ammo is All for hunting, Practice with reloaded 38's at my original primer price, it is nearly as cheap to shoot as todays Inflated 22LR, and that is Sad...

Reload, and cast yer own... When I get my Machine Shop set up, I have a nice round I wish to create: 32/22... 32 ACP necked to 22. I bought a special Order for a 22 Caliber Lee Mold, 55 Grain, round nose... They only make them Once a year, and are sold out faster than they are advertised.

I have 12" 22 Caliber Rifled Barrels, I will be making a Bolt Action Single Shot Pistol... Only need is my Lathe & Mill space, and time.

It might sound like a strange wildcat, but I want QUIET, and I want something that will reload "forever" IOW, low pressure on the Brass...

I also shoot .410 with the same thinking: I fire form Caliber: 9.3x74mm Rimmed, to become Four10 brass... It is a European Concept, and is Best done with that sized brass see photo

image.jpg

Notice its Long Slender nearly shoulderless case... It is just under 3" long, so... Nice!

If your 410 is modern, you might have to adjust the thickness of the Rim, my old Winchester break open needed no adjustment, my Snake Charmer needed I think .004" filed off the Top side of the rim...

But there I go segue in the thread...

Bottom line is: learn to make do!

philipism's are something to think about... :)

image.jpg

You bet Taku, but for those that need them and don't want to pay some of the hyper high prices on some ammo sites (even some here) it's a decent price and they were Available. It's at least nice to know some were on the shelf for those who may need them and I thought I'd just pass it along

Yeah I suppose you are right, but the frenzy to run out and buy them all up is what I think it causes.
Maybe be better to keep a list of friends and PM them instead of telling 40,000 people all at once :)
Just thinking aloud here :D

Yep All I meant was all the "they have it" posts just lead all to the ammo and within 10 min its history and there are arms list and every other forum folks reading here too. I only give "friends" leads to ammo, as it all seems to trigger and create a rush and buy response whether they need it or not and just helps keep the shelves empty.
Honestly I don't care, as I have all I need actually if I conserve, so I seldom buy any even if I see it out there and I usually do at around the 24 to 25 dollar a brick prices. As long as the trigger "buy it all up" continues, there will never be an end to the shortage. It iis self created by gun owners, and they just continue to slash at their own throats. Be sensible people. If you don't need it don't play the BS game and say you do and sponge it all off the shelves. You will do yourself a service for the future if you just quit buying it for a yr or 3.
I have a hunch most of you already have a 20 yr supply hidden away ROFLOL.
Its kind of like the food mentality that developed in the depression. Store it and store it until it grows mold.
Same analogy.
Of course none of this will be taken seriously, and I really don't expect it to :D
Kind of like watching the three ring circus in 2 rings.

20 years, not even close. But I'm in no rush to find it. If I do run across a brick from time to time at a reasonable price, I'll get one or two just to keep my supply up. Like others here, I've simply cut back on shooting .22 for now, sticking with 9mm and others. Plus I'm getting my reloading setup going, which will make it even more affordable to shoot the larger stuff.

Funny thing about getting started in reloading - I never really gave a second thought to all that brass on the ground at the range. Now, it looks much different to me ;)

20 years, not even close. But I'm in no rush to find it. If I do run across a brick from time to time at a reasonable price, I'll get one or two just to keep my supply up. Like others here, I've simply cut back on shooting .22 for now, sticking with 9mm and others. Plus I'm getting my reloading setup going, which will make it even more affordable to shoot the larger stuff.

Funny thing about getting started in reloading - I never really gave a second thought to all that brass on the ground at the range. Now, it looks much different to me ;)

Oh you just wait! After you've been at it for awhile looking at the prices of ammo on the store shelves is weird, that is, on the rare occasion you do look.

Taku, what you're saying about a post like this ginning up demand for low-supply 22 makes sense to me. When I read that first post I wanted to run down and buy a box. But I have 5-digits worth of stock right now. I don't really need any 22. But that post made me want want want more more more. I'd be part of the problem...

I just wish I felt okay about actually shooting my 22. But then someday I'd actually end up like our poor friend and only have 8,000 rounds left. That would be tragic!

Taku, what you're saying about a post like this ginning up demand for low-supply 22 makes sense to me. When I read that first post I wanted to run down and buy a box. But I have 5-digits worth of stock right now. I don't really need any 22. But that post made me want want want more more more. I'd be part of the problem...

I just wish I felt okay about actually shooting my 22. But then someday I'd actually end up like our poor friend and only have 8,000 rounds left. That would be tragic!

This is normal human nature I think.(to want what we cant have) Look at the .556 AP ammo ban happening right now. Within 12 hours of ATF's opinion prices shot from .31 cents to over .50! It is the consumer doing it! They are not banning all 332/556 for Christs sake!

On the other hand, While the current 556 frenzy has been happening I have seen the chance to buy six bricks of 22lr for fair prices. Red herring anyone?...:)

This is normal human nature I think.(to want what we cant have) Look at the .556 AP ammo ban happening right now. Within 12 hours of ATF's opinion prices shot from .31 cents to over .50! It is the consumer doing it! They are not banning all 332/556 for Christs sake!

On the other hand, While the current 556 frenzy has been happening I have seen the chance to buy six bricks of 22lr for fair prices. Red herring anyone?...:)

The irony in all of it is just like the attempt by Obama and his friends to impart strict gun control measures post SH - people couldn't buy enough guns and ammo. Now, once again, thanks to the gov't, folks are going into buying frenzy mode. Personally I have to wonder if this isn't just their actual plan to continue to stimulate the economy :confused:

Maybe we need to all start saying ".22? Yucky! I'll never shoot it again!" Give it a few months and maybe the shelves will be stocked again ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top