JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I didn't win the golf ball shoot but I was dang competitive. I was also the only one using open sights! I scored 373 on the first round (500 possible) and a 298 on the second. I ended up fifth out of 17 shooters. I think I'm hooked. Now, I'm going to install some actual target sights and win next month.

So.....

As an FYI if I'm not mistaken... They made TWO models of MKIII's in 22/45. One has removable grips the other does not. There in lies the difference.

The version I have uses removable grips (thank God) because Hogue IS my friend.

Glad you got yours fixed, I wish I would have seen this sooner and could have helped to contribute to an answer.

I had fun yesterday sighting in my Vortex Venom on top of my MKIII. Can't wait to really dial it in on paper and set aside a specific type of ammo for it so it's consistent. I just need to fix my stovepiping issues.

Have you replaced the magazine disconnect with the bushing from Tandemkross? Sure makes takedown a lot simpler.

Have you replaced the magazine disconnect with the bushing from Tandemkross? Sure makes takedown a lot simpler.
I have a MKii and a 22/45 bull barrel upper, if that makes sense. The tech from Ruger explained that my pistol was a hodge podge of parts between the MKii and the MKiii with a standard 22/45 upper. I really wish I could replace my grips but, it is the poly version. It's what I could afford at the time (it is my very first firearm, purchased as soon as I was legal to buy a pistol)

Please for the love of God tell me you got the part number from them?

I would call ol' Wayno and tell him to send me a complete pin and spring set on the Visa ASAP
I did get the part number, I also have several extra parts in my kit. Next time, if there is a next time, I'm just going to send the whole thing in. What a PITB this was.

Well, I didn't win the golf ball shoot but I was dang competitive. I was also the only one using open sights! I scored 373 on the first round (500 possible) and a 298 on the second. I ended up fifth out of 17 shooters. I think I'm hooked. Now, I'm going to install some actual target sights and win next month.

This got me thinking, happens now and then :) I used to have a red dot on my old 22/45 that's just like yours. Back then a place sold a deal to put a 30mm dot on them. It was nice but since my eye's were younger then I preferred the target and sights took it off. Thinking about it got me searching as I thought I had kept it and I had. In searching the junk box for it I also found 3 Glock +2's I had thought I got rid of. Will have to order up one of those tools EPS told me about now :)
So if you would like to be able to put a 30mm tube either dot or scope on your 22/45 since you are a supporting member here let me know. Will give you a great deal on it, free :) If you're not interested I will offer it up to another supporting member who has one of the old Rugers they made before they came drilled and tapped for a 1913 rail.

This got me thinking, happens now and then :) I used to have a red dot on my old 22/45 that's just like yours. Back then a place sold a deal to put a 30mm dot on them. It was nice but since my eye's were younger then I preferred the target and sights took it off. Thinking about it got me searching as I thought I had kept it and I had. In searching the junk box for it I also found 3 Glock +2's I had thought I got rid of. Will have to order up one of those tools EPS told me about now :)
So if you would like to be able to put a 30mm tube either dot or scope on your 22/45 since you are a supporting member here let me know. Will give you a great deal on it, free :) If you're not interested I will offer it up to another supporting member who has one of the old Rugers they made before they came drilled and tapped for a 1913 rail.
This is the kind of people that make this place so great! Lots of generosity whether goods or information!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to @Alexx1401 for his generous gift to me! As per discussion he wouldn't take any money from me and suggested making a donation to this NWFirearms, so I just made it. This place rocks!

I have a MKii and a 22/45 bull barrel upper, if that makes sense. The tech from Ruger explained that my pistol was a hodge podge of parts between the MKii and the MKiii with a standard 22/45 upper. I really wish I could replace my grips but, it is the poly version. It's what I could afford at the time (it is my very first firearm, purchased as soon as I was legal to buy a pistol)
I have a MK lll 22/45 hunter, stainless target with interchangeable adjustable sights, fluted barrel, weaver rail scope base....great little pistol (was very expensive) that I shoot every day. I bought it just before they changed to interchangeable grip versions and think about upgrading the lower to the newer interchangeable A7BDF2C2-815D-4BAE-9332-9F51F33232E0.jpeg one but every time I look at them........I could buy a new pistol for what they want for them. The lower is not serial numbered and can be ordered like any other small part

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top