JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_2524.PNG
Part #24, the hammer pivot pin broke on my Ruger 22/45 Bull Barrel. Problem is, after contacting Ruger, and twice have the wrong parts show up, I'm coming to you for help. Ruger makes it very difficult to know what pistol I have. I don't think it's a Mark series, just a plain Jane 22/45 BB I purchased new in 2002. Everyone, and I mean everyone who sells gun parts is out of this part or only want to sell me one from a newer vintage mark series guns. These will not work as Ruger already sent me one. This is my first gun that I would like to pass on to my children and is a paperweight in current condition. I appreciate any help!

View attachment 440145
Part #24, the hammer pivot pin broke on my Ruger 22/45 Bull Barrel. Problem is, after contacting Ruger, and twice have the wrong parts show up, I'm coming to you for help. Ruger makes it very difficult to know what pistol I have. I don't think it's a Mark series, just a plain Jane 22/45 BB I purchased new in 2002. Everyone, and I mean everyone who sells gun parts is out of this part or only want to sell me one from a newer vintage mark series guns. These will not work as Ruger already sent me one. This is my first gun that I would like to pass on to my children and is a paperweight in current condition. I appreciate any help!
Post a picture of it and someone here will be able to decipher model and generation.

Looks like a MarkII 22/45. I'm guessing they keep sending you a MarkIII pin.

Looks like a MarkII 22/45. I'm guessing they keep sending you a MarkIII pin.
Yes, but to my understanding the Mark II has a different grip angle and removable grips. Mine is fixed, no removable grips and a 1911 angle grip. The more I learn the bigger my headache, LOL.

Call Ruger back and give them the serial number of your gun, that should get them to the right part for your gun...
For a third time? The people answering seem to be employees who couldn't cut it at a fast food restaurant. I've contacted the factory twice already and have been shipped the wrong part twice. I just want to purchase the correct part.

Yes, but to my understanding the Mark II has a different grip angle and removable grips. Mine is fixed, no removable grips and a 1911 angle grip. The more I learn the bigger my headache, LOL.
No and yes. Mark II was made with both a regular Luger style grip frame and in the 22/45 1911 style grip frame. The Mark IIs were the first generation of the 22/45 grip frame. That is what you own.
Call Ruger back and give them the serial number of your gun, that should get them to the right part for your gun...

Do this. That and tell them you need a Mark II 22/45 pin.

All 22/45's have the same grip angle.....that was a major feature of the design. They changed non replaceable grip panels to replaceable ones and there may be other differences (including your pin). My gunsmith would simply make one........not really a difficult part. If it is a weakness in your gun (none available) maby Volquartsen makes an improved part. Take the pin out and measure it, that way you know what you need.

View attachment 440145
try looking on ebay

I really appreciate the answers, but if it were on eBay I'd have it already, if the pin wasn't missing a large portion of itself I could measure it, and already calling Ruger twice and having two failure to communicates, here I am. I'm at the point of sending the whole pistol back.

I really appreciate the answers, but if it were on eBay I'd have it already, if the pin wasn't missing a large portion of itself I could measure it, and already calling Ruger twice and having two failure to communicates, here I am. I'm at the point of sending the whole pistol back.
You don't need the entire pin to measure it........measure the diameter and approximate the length it needs to be to go from one side of the frame to the other..........that will give the Parts guys enough information to identify what you need...........

You don't need the entire pin to measure it........measure the diameter and approximate the length it needs to be to go from one side of the frame to the other..........that will give the Parts guys enough information to identify what you need...........
Most helpful answer. I've got it out and will mic it in the morning.

40 minutes on the phone with ruger today to find out that , no, they do not cover shipping (either to or from) at all. The lady was very nice but not knowledgeable about firearms, she told me so. Took 25 minutes to find a schematic of my gun. Come to find out according to my serial number I don't have a 22/45 or a Mark series either. The tech I spoke with said he hasn't ever run across this ever before. Oh well, such is my luck. Fingers crossed I get the correct part this time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top