JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suggest you contact Ruger and email them the pictures. That should help. #2 Contact Brownells and talk to them. They are very good and have a large stock of Ruger parts.

Your pistol clearly is marked 22/45 target model (at least the one in your pics?). Don't Know how it could be anything different?.
I completely agree, talking to ruger has them as well as me confused. They didn't know what to refer to it as but, they did call it a model 00189

I completely agree, talking to ruger has them as well as me confused. They didn't know what to refer to it as but, they did call it a model 00189

Here is my MKII 22/45
I can't understand why anyone at Ruger would have this much trouble with this. The pic of yours is clearly an early 22/45 MKII. I can't see the pin broken in your pic. Is it in two pieces in the pistol? If so can you get both pieces out? If so maybe send the pieces to Ruger along with that same pic? It sure sounds like there is some kind of communication break down here.
BTW as often happens some of what you are hearing here is also puzzling. The 22/45 has always had the "45 grip angle". That is where the name comes from. The "Luger" angle is the original style from the time these hit, then later made as a MKI, MKII on up to MKIV. The 22/45 as you have was as yours originally just a solid frame. Later they started offering one with removable panels so people could replace them.

MKII.jpg

This is the pin I believe you need. Sorry bad picture found on rimfire central.
See attached picture. Could not hyperlink.
This is the pin I'm guessing they sent you?
627281.jpg FD604009-8998-46C5-B72A-3C050C07F16F.jpeg

I just checked Brownells and that part is shown as "Discontinued by the Factory" that will make it harder. Brownells does maintain a long list of Used Part Dealers so you might check with them. If you do Gunshows, I know there are parts people there too. Good Luck.

I just checked Brownells and that part is shown as "Discontinued by the Factory" that will make it harder. Brownells does maintain a long list of Used Part Dealers so you might check with them. If you do Gunshows, I know there are parts people there too. Good Luck.

If Ruger can't pull their head out and figure out what you want look at Sarco. They always have sold parts like this for guns no longer made. Kind of a wrecking yard for guns. Still amazing that Ruger is having this much damn trouble with something this common.

Take a picture of the other side please?

Looking at the pivot pin that came from the factory and the new model with the lip, they both appear to work if inserted correctly. That is unless there is something that would block the pin on the other side.

Take a picture of the other side please?

Looking at the pivot pin that came from the factory and the new model with the lip, they both appear to work if inserted correctly. That is unless there is something that would block the pin on the other side.
If not I would think you could file off the lip.

Here is my MKII 22/45
I can't understand why anyone at Ruger would have this much trouble with this. The pic of yours is clearly an early 22/45 MKII. I can't see the pin broken in your pic. Is it in two pieces in the pistol? If so can you get both pieces out? If so maybe send the pieces to Ruger along with that same pic? It sure sounds like there is some kind of communication break down here.
BTW as often happens some of what you are hearing here is also puzzling. The 22/45 has always had the "45 grip angle". That is where the name comes from. The "Luger" angle is the original style from the time these hit, then later made as a MKI, MKII on up to MKIV. The 22/45 as you have was as yours originally just a solid frame. Later they started offering one with removable panels so people could replace them.

View attachment 440360
I believe the communication gap had to do with new employees answering their phones. The end of the pin snapped at the spring relief groove. The shortened new length allowed it to walk further in than designed. Thank you for the suggestions.

Midway shows one for sale.

Ruger Hammer Pivot Pin Ruger Mark II, III Steel Blue
  • Product #: 450604
  • Ruger #: A02605
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
1 ReviewWrite a Review
View attachment 440385
Enlarge Zoom in
$2.99
Available
Thank you for your effort, that is the only pin available on the market. It needs to be modified in order to fit my pistol. I found out that even the factory has conflicting parts for my vintage of pistol.

Thank you for your effort, that is the only pin available on the market. It needs to be modified in order to fit my pistol. I found out that even the factory has conflicting parts for my vintage of pistol.
Reading about it on Rimfire Central it appears they changed the pin mid production. Making it near impossible to get the original pin in the earlier models.

Update-after an extended phone call with a very nice but not very knowledgeable lady with Ruger last Thursday. I am in the very same place I was before starting this. They shipped the incorrect part, again. I really don't agree with them that I should have to pay shipping both ways because they cannot identify a part on their own design. I was assured that this is the part I needed. She was even holding a same model pistol on her end so I could tell her exactly what I needed. We spent over thirty minutes verifying location of said pin on the pistol and still got the wrong part.
Thanks for letting me vent a little.

It shouldn't cost that much..........and your being cheep isn't working out too well in this case. You could make one yourself with the correct diameter drill rod or bit. With the last one breaking, I would want the replacement to be hardened (or was it too hard?) . Drill bit steel can be anealed to work then re hardened after is has the shape you want. I have cut groves in pins with a drill and good Swiss file. It isn't a difficult process and you migh learn a new skill.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads