JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HERE YOU GO!!
Help Support the Legal Fight
Against Measure 114
Please Donate to the Organization

of Your Choice
Oregon Firearms Federation

Firearms Policy Coalition
www.firearmspolicy.org
Gun Owners of America
www.gunowners.org

Oregon State Shooting Association

www.ossa.org

Against Measure 114

of Your Choice
www.oregonfirearms.org
www.firearmspolicy.org
Gun Owners of America
www.gunowners.org

www.ossa.org

Against Measure 114

of Your Choice
www.oregonfirearms.org
www.firearmspolicy.org
Gun Owners of America
www.gunowners.org

www.ossa.org

Against Measure 114

of Your Choice
www.oregonfirearms.org
www.firearmspolicy.org
Gun Owners of America
www.gunowners.org

www.ossa.org

Contact info in spreadsheet and database files. You can manipulate the database and spreadsheet any way you want. For instance, if you only want to send emails to republicans, you can do a sort in that manner. If you want to sort by committee, you can create the fields and then send to that list only.

2023 Legislator contact info

Let me know if you have problems and I'll try to get it sorted out.

As of this morning, the below bills have been sent to committee:
SB348 - senate judiciary
SB551 - senate judiciary
HB2005 - house judiciary
HB2007 - house judiciary
HB2373 - house judiciary
HB2704 - house judiciary

Call and email EVERY committee member to let them know what you think and what you would like them to do. Be professional and to the point. Remember, your email and phone number WILL get blocked if you are abusive or use profanity. If you do that, you lose your voice and it's your own fault.

I don't have the databases set up for sorting by committee yet, but here are the assignments from the OLIS website:
Senate judiciary committee members
House judiciary committee members

Also send email to Committee staff -
Senate: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2017I1/Committees/SJUD/Overview
ASSEMBLY: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2019I1/Committees/HJUD/Overview

Sometimes, legislator offices 'lose' records of contacts ...

AND, THIS IS CRITICAL:
Call and email EVERY committee member to let them know what you think and what you would like them to do. Be professional and to the point.
It's unlikely you will get past the initial screeen to the legislator. Mostly what the staff members are doing is just counting pro/con messages. Getting the elected members to care is the trick.

Keep up to date on bills in committee. You can sign up for notifications of committee meetings on the OLIS website. Use the e-subscribe system to reveive emails about upcoming meetings.

If you happen to miss a meeting, you can catch up here.

Get those emails and phone calls in NOW so we're not blind sided.
Senate judiciary committee member contact info:

LAST NAMEFIRST NAMEPARTYSESSION EMAILCapitol PhoneCommittee
ProzanskiFloydD[email protected]503-986-1704C Judiciary
ThatcherKimR[email protected]503-986-1713VC Judiciary
DembrowMichaelD[email protected]503-986-1723Judiciary
Gelser BlouinSaraD[email protected]503-986-1708Judiciary
LinthicumDennisR[email protected]503-986-1728Judiciary

House member contact info:
LAST NAMEFIRST NAMEPartySESSION EMAILCapitol PhoneCommittee
AndersenTomD[email protected]503-986-1419VC Judiciary
BynumJanelleD[email protected]503-986-1451Judiciary
ChaichiFarrahD[email protected]503-986-1435Judiciary
ConradCharlieR[email protected]503-986-1412Judiciary
KropfJasonD[email protected]503-986-1454C Judiciary
LewisRickR[email protected]503-986-1418Judiciary
MorganLilyR[email protected]503-986-1403Judiciary
ReynoldsLisaD[email protected]503-986-1436Judiciary
TranThuyD[email protected]503-986-1445Judiciary
WallanKimR[email protected]503-986-1406VC Judiciary

2023 Oregon Citizens Lobby WARROOM is opening up this coming Thursday, January 26th. This is a great way to learn about writing to legislators, testifying to committees, tracking bills, and generally being involved in the process. This is a great way to do something more than itch and moan behind a keyboard in internet forums. Hope to see you there.

This was previously held inside the capitol building but groups aren't allowed during the current renovations.

Help, what is a four point testimony letter?
Four point testimony is one technique of telling your story. I believe it can be effective but it's not the only way to get your point across.

1) Who you are and why you're there.
2) Why you oppose or support the bill.
3) Tell an emotional story about how you came to this conclusion. Something along the lines of you, a close friend, or a relative had an experience related to the issue. It could be your reaction to the people being affected. For example, you have close friends that believed that passing 114 would save lives but you knew they were being manipulated. That realization drove you to fight the manipulation and lies that resulted in people being used.
4) Ask them to take action one way or the other.

At this link you can read the testimony given at the hearing for SB579, giving prisoners the right to vote.

Your testimony may be via email or in person. If in person, you are typically alloted four minutes max. If you do have the opportunity to testify in person, be prepared to tell the story without reading it. Be aware that in some cases, "friends of the committee" may take up most of the time for testimony and leave the rest of us ony 30 seconds each.

Again, it's not the only method, but it does present an outline for writing or speaking our minds.

Four point testimony is one technique of telling your story. I believe it can be effective but it's not the only way to get your point across.

1) Who you are and why you're there.
2) Why you oppose or support the bill.
3) Tell an emotional story about how you came to this conclusion. Something along the lines of you, a close friend, or a relative had an experience related to the issue. It could be your reaction to the people being affected. For example, you have close friends that believed that passing 114 would save lives but you knew they were being manipulated. That realization drove you to fight the manipulation and lies that resulted in people being used.
4) Ask them to take action one way or the other.

At this link you can read the testimony given at the hearing for SB579, giving prisoners the right to vote.

Your testimony may be via email or in person. If in person, you are typically alloted four minutes max. If you do have the opportunity to testify in person, be prepared to tell the story without reading it. Be aware that in some cases, "friends of the committee" may take up most of the time for testimony and leave the rest of us ony 30 seconds each.

Again, it's not the only method, but it does present an outline for writing or speaking our minds.
Thanks. I would be nice if we could submit a four minute video presentation to be played during the allotted time instead of taking an entire morning or afternoon off of work only to be told that the committee is out of time. A group of us went in person years back. They had two sign in books, one for residents that lived within 100 miles of Salem, and a second for us who drove a long time to get there. Our group from Eastern Oregon filled up most of the second page of the second book. Guess what? They skipped our page entirely.

I have zoomed in a few time and have found that zoom really brings out the liberal nuts. I few times I wanted to scrap my testimony and just rebut all of the factual errors spewed out during the first hour.

As for the letters, I don't think that they actually read them, but just tally up the number of for and against letters.

There's a difference between writing emails to committees or individual legislators and submitting testimony. Both are important but the testimony letters will have the most effect by being on the record. We're not going to have much influence unless we have overwhelming numbers of people submitting testimony, and the party in power can still effectively flip us off. But that doesn't mean we have no effect. Being on the record is significant.

Might make it a point, in both emails to each committee member and for testimony, that the emergency clause is an abuse of authority and not needed in any of these bills. I can see that it would be necessary for 114 implementation and we're not going to win the argument for that particular piece of legislation. However, it doesn't hurt to say it anyway.

Hearing on HB 2572 scheduled for Monday 2/6. Here's the Link to the bill along with all information needed to register to testify in person as well as submit written testimony. When you read the bill, remember that the bolded text is the new bill. Standard text is existing.

The bill essentially outlaws the second amendment right to assemble a militia, and most any assembly can be called a militia. We know this is a direct result of the Jan 6 event in DC and is aimed at conservative groups of gun owners. Remember, law enforcement did absolutely nothing to stop rioting by antifa and BLM in Portland, including trying to set fire to the federal courthouse. The bill is sponsored by Democrats they will use this law against conservative groups.

Remember, it's easy to submit testimony in person or as an email. You need 24 hour notice to testify in person so get your registration submitted today. You do have additional time to get your written testimony in, so that isn't as urgent.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top