JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HHHMMM, minimum age of 21 years but yet we induct 18 year old folks to serve in the military and risk their lives. Seems like this age of "maturity" was lowered during the Vietnam War but now it is OK to ask folks under age 21 to fight and die for their country but deny them their 2A rights? There are a lot of hypocritical issues today that harken back to them days.
Young people buy your firearms now if you can find an FFL doing the mandatory call in background checks. Or buy a 3D printer, Jig and router set up, etc.

SCOTUS already ruled against this in New York. Apparently Oregon legislators are either stupid, retarded or simply completely treasonous…
Im going to go with treasonous for $5000...

Actually what NY did was worse, they made every place a GFZ unless otherwise specified.

Now would be a good time to distinguish the difference between undetectable and untraceable.
It looks like that bill is covering both, but undetectable with a much stiffer penalty than untraceable. 10yrs vs. 1yr and different levels of fines.

It appears more as a "woke wet dream" list than an actual serious attempt at a passable bill.

Young people buy your firearms now if you can find an FFL doing the mandatory call in background checks. Or buy a 3D printer, Jig and router set up, etc.
Thus, my wife approved mad dash to secure a rifle and a handgun for every family member in Oregon even if they are not of age yet.
1673328975530.png

Not necessarily. Untraceable is a traditional PMF. Any firearm without a serial number. Undetectable is metal content below the threshold of modern tech to identify. Of course, if they lower the detectable amount threshold sufficiently enough then untraceables may also be undetectable.
I thought that was already prohibited by Federal Law?

"but nobody's trying to take away your guns"

Correct me if Im interpreting this wrong, but whats especially egregious is the multiple ones authorizing the state to be authorized "to to adopt policy, ordinance or regulation or precluding affirmative defense for possession of firearms in public building and adjacent grounds by concealed handgun licensees." instead of the building user. So then all the remaining public schools that didn't post GFZ signs the state dept of education can now declare those places GFZs.
And any other public building that hasn't already.
Nobody is trying to take our guns, but they sure as hell want to take our rights!
That's what this is all about, and damn the Bruen Ruling, they are going to keep throwing sh!t at the walls hoping enough sticks to keep slowly taking our rights away!

This is all Mike Bloombergs Millions he promised to spend in each state fighting gun laws to suit his anti gun agenda! Dude can't piss through a wet paper bag by himself, but damn if he ain't going to screw us all royally out of spite!

Introduced today. Makes illegal the possession, transfer, import, etc of unfinished frames/receivers and unserialized firearms. Also declares a state of emergency.

I see no transition period for serialization and no grandfather clause. Exemptions for dealers, antiques, and pre-1968 firearms.

EDIT: Looks like I missed this earlier thread. Mods please feel free to lock, merge, etc as appropriate. Thank you.
Are there any local metro area gunsmiths that provide a serialization process for unserialized firearms?

SECTION 4. (1) A person may not knowingly possess, offer for sale, sell or transfer a
firearm unless the firearm has been imprinted with a serial number by a federally licensed
firearm manufacturer, importer or dealer, or a gunsmith with a federal firearms license, in
accordance with federal law.

Not necessarily. Untraceable is a traditional PMF. Any firearm without a serial number. Undetectable is metal content below the threshold of modern tech to identify. Of course, if they lower the detectable amount threshold sufficiently enough then untraceables may also be undetectable.
Confusing as anything could be. Untraceable is clear. Undetectable is still muddy.

Confusing as anything could be. Untraceable is clear. Undetectable is still muddy.
Well, remember legislatures actually get to make up their own definitions, so here is what they say in HB2005

(17) "Undetectable firearm" means a firearm:
(a) Constructed or produced, including through a three-dimensional printing process, entirely of nonmetal substances;
(b) That, after removal of grips, stocks and magazines, is not as detectable as a security exemplar by a walk-through metal detector calibrated to detect the security exemplar; or
(c) That includes a major component that, if subjected to inspection by the types of X-ray machines commonly used at airports, would not generate an image that accurately depicts the shape of the component.
(14) "Security exemplar" has the meaning given that term in 18 U.S.C. 922.
which is
(p)(2) (C) the term "Security Exemplar" means an object, to be fabricated at the direction of the Attorney General, that is— (i) constructed of, during the 12-month period beginning on the date of the enactment of this subsection, 3.7 ounces of material type 17–4 PH stainless steel in a shape resembling a handgun; and (ii) suitable for testing and calibrating metal detectors:
Think tps%3A%2F%2Ftse4.explicit.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg (from Line of Fire)

Due to a recent ATF "clarification" (re-definition), the only 80% frames/lowers available for sale that I'm aware of are the 80% arms GST9 (due to injunction) and those which require milling out a FCG cavity (such as the AR15 lowers). Note that you can only avoid violation of this bill by serialization of already completed frames. Posessing/making/buying/printing/completing anything else is prohibited. Antiques and pre-1968 are the only exceptions.

I would be very concerned about the state of emergency declaration. I'm not yet clear what authorities this would grant the executive. In the same way one might limit your freedom to assemble due to a virus, one might limit your freedom from involuntary search and seizure. There is a lot to think on here.

Due to a recent ATF "clarification" (re-definition), the only 80% frames/lowers available for sale that I'm aware of are the 80% arms GST9 (due to injunction) and those which require milling out a FCG cavity (such as the AR15 lowers). Note that you can only avoid violation of this bill by serialization of already completed frames. Posessing/making/buying/printing/completing anything else is prohibited. Antiques and pre-1968 are the only exceptions.

I would be very concerned about the state of emergency declaration. I'm not yet clear what authorities this would grant the executive. In the same way one might limit your freedom to assemble due to a virus, one might limit your freedom from involuntary search and seizure. There is a lot to think on here.
The emergency part means the law if passed will go into effect sooner rather than later.

It looks like this law would ban manufacture of homemade firearms unless you can get them serialized as part of the manufacturing process.

It's not clear to me how a serial number can be legally added to a homemade firearm?

Edit: I also believe that when the emergency part is added, it prevents changes to the law by citizen actions.

Last Edited:
The "emergency" doesn't really grant any additional executive powers, per se. It really only attempts to speed up the process into law and would cause the bill to be enacted immediately upon passing.

It's a first "wish list" draft. I wouldn't get too worked up over it just yet, but it's certainly one to keep an eye on once/if it comes out of committee.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads