JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The sustained walkout has put some senators dangerously close to clocking 10 unexcused absences on the Senate floor this session, which would disqualify them from reelection under Measure 113. A majority of Oregon voters approved the measure last November in response to high-profile Republican walkouts in recent years.

Three senators have nine unexcused absences as of Thursday, according to figures provided by Wagner's office: Sen. Daniel Bonham, R-Welches, Sen. Dennis Linthicum, R-Klamath Falls, and Boquist.

I wonder if the democrats realize that Mike Nearman is a shoe in for Brian Boquist if Boquist is disqualified in the next election?

One thing I have to say, is through all of our ordeals with 114 and the State Legislature's efforts to walk all over our 2A rights, I am deeply grateful for the work Derek LeBlanc has done on our behalf.

Who is that? You mean the college defensive lineman?

Republicans continued their boycott of the state Capitol for a 10th day Monday, leading to the apparent disqualification of two Republicans and one Independent from reelection due to a new, voter-approved law.

Well here comes Mike Nearman to the Oregon Senate. Under this new measure, Nearman and Boquist can alternate holding the seat.

We owe a huge dept of gratitude to the Senators that are still holding out. They are outnumbered and the Dems have said that there will be absolutely no negotiation on any of their bills. It's the only option available if they are going to stand up for their core beliefs. Remember to write them emails thanking them for their unselfish sacrifice.

Senator Linthicum today

Ten days ago, I partnered with all of Oregon's Republican and Independent State Senators to stop a handful of shocking bills that would undoubtably inflict harm on children and their parents. Our efforts to bring transparency, openness, and bi-partisan leadership back into the Senate chamber have been met with deep division and partisan reluctance.

Oregon's Senate, like most governing bodies, requires a certain number of members in attendance before transacting business. This is known as a quorum rule. Oregon's Republican Senators are currently denying quorum in order to slow the majority party's run-away agenda.

Stopping the legislative process, due to a lack of quorum, is not "unconstitutional." It is a tool, used throughout history to prevent the tyranny of the majority and protect the rights of the minority. It ought to be obvious to everyone that without this tool minority voices would be silenced.

My own reasons for denying quorum are well-thought-out and fundamentally sound. I am not violating my "constitutional duties", rather I am exercising my fiduciary responsibilities to the best of my ability.

Contrary to the Senate President, Majority Leader and social media pundits – there is no constitutional requirement for anyone to provide a quorum. Oregon's newly minted Constitutional amendment, which was sponsored by Oregon's stalwart public employee unions, specifies an additional qualification for holding office in the next term. The amendment makes no demands on today's office-holders. Legislators are not required to succumb to political rhetoric or bombast.

I will not bow my knee to the unlawful demands of today's Democrat majority.

Our current impasse is due solely to Senate President Wagner's (D-Lake Oswego) continued rejection of all reconciliation efforts by members who are denying quorum. Our minority parties' demands are easy enough, 1) adhere to Oregon's constitution; 2) follow Oregon's Revised Statutes and Senate rules; and 3) fulfill the "bipartisan/open door" pledge made to Oregonians.

Otherwise, as the news cycle races along, even liberal news outlets and social media pundits are looking for any loose threads that weaken the fabric of the Democrat party's suffocating hold in Oregon. Shemia Fagan's forced resignation, brought similar and potentially more illicit money scandals to the surface. Each flaming accusation about corruption, tampering, and potential money-laundering creates a foothold for others to scale the walls of power. Yet, the Senate President is holding fast to his extreme position.

Are Republican and Independent Senators (aka, "the Courageous 13") willing to sacrifice their eligibility for their next term in office?

The answer is easy – Yes.

The bills in question are poorly written and they were only advanced because of an allegiance to radical concepts promoted by far-left activists who thrive on bumper sticker slogans, not facts. The bills we have identified egregiously promote a regulatory boundary around healthcare without helping the truly needy. Primarily, these bill will needlessly harm parents and families, in all areas of Oregon and across all fifty states.

Do you recall the incident when the FBI put the "domestic terrorist" label on everyday concerned parents who attended their local school board meetings? These Moms and Dads got snagged via a circular chain of false accusations which were leveled by a DOJ request. The falsity of Attorney General Merrick Garland reasoning is abhorrent. By any standard, this was an intrusive, unconstitutional effort by government actors. It was the heavy hand of government interfering in free-speech rights and denying the right of citizens to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Today, Oregon Democrats apparently applaud these unseemly attacks against parental involvement by desiring to enshrine them into law.
231549c5-f477-65db-1c4e-8f1295885741.jpg
HB 2002, 2003, and 2005 perfectly illustrate this problem of government intrusion into the lives of everyday citizens and parents, in particular.

While newspaper headlines claim, "Republicans walk on Abortion and Gun Bills", this is not true. As I pointed out last week, a woman's right to terminate her pregnancy is legal at every step along the journey, from conception all the way through the 3rd trimester and up to the last minute of the pre-birth moment.

The Dobb's decision from the Supreme Court has no impact on Oregon State law. HB 2002, does not improve reproductive healthcare rights except to place an unscientific and purely political statement into Oregon Law.
HB 2002 is not primarily about reproductive health care or a woman's right to choose.

Rather, it promotes the Biden administration's blatant assertion that caring parents are "domestic terrorists." HB 2002 strengthens this faulty worldview by painting parents as untrustworthy and all Dads as incestuous monsters. Within HB 2002 it becomes against the law to inform parents of any and all reproductive or gender altering care provided to their minor children. Why?

Why would the legislature deny a parent's right to be fully informed about medical procedures that their child might be under-going? This is a bad idea and will endanger the health and safety of minor children while sowing discord between parents and their children.

Sen Golden (Ashland-D) claims, "youngsters will have serious qualified adult guidance through any of these procedures." This begs the question, regardless of qualifications, how does some unrelated adult usurp a parent or legal guardian's rightful place in the lineup for medical decision making? After all, these highly paid adults will simply go home while parents and their children will be forced to deal with the life-long consequences of this guidance.

Additionally, this new "law" would apply to every parent or guardian, in every circumstance, without any due process or judicial review. This amounts to a "color of law" declaration which grants the state a primordial custody interest in children and comprehensively denies that parents have any legitimate rights, obligations or concerns.

The language used in HB 2002 violates multiple facets of common-sense, legal precedent and tradition. It tramples the deeply-held religious and cultural freedoms that were enshrined at the foundation of our constitutionally federated republic.

Legal opinion also suggests that HB 2002 would result in the Legislature violating the property right of parents as expressed in ORS 109.030 (The rights and responsibilities of the parents ..., are equal, and each parent is as fully entitled to the custody and control of the children ...), not to mention creating conflicts with numerous other laws.

Is no one willing to question the motives for hiding medical information and facts from parents when a healthcare provider delivers gender-altering services or the termination of a pregnancy?

How did Mom and Dad become the new enemies of the state?

When the medical services are less risky, why are parents allowed any voice? Why do we require parental consent with regard to dental work, eye-glasses or the delivery of a Tylenol tablet.

What's going on here?

This is a run-away healthcare agenda. It will raid the public treasury for decades upon decades to fund services and industry profits while needlessly damaging families and potentially providing secrecy to sex-traffickers and abusers.

This is child abuse top to bottom.

This is but one example of why I am willing to stand my ground. Oregon can do better and to that end I will continue to deny quorum.

In conclusion, tyranny is born through the abandonment of legal, traditional, and historic norms for life and livelihood.

The good news is, "Oregon's Courageous 13" will not waver in our resolve!

We will not aid and abet the culture of corruption which has fully captured Salem. We will stand firm and let the truth ring loud and clear.

The family has historically been the primary and irreplaceable force for substantive human flourishing. HB 2002, is a flagrant, unwarranted and deliberate attack against children, their families and their parents' Natural and Divine rights.

We owe a huge dept of gratitude to the Senators that are still holding out. They are outnumbered and the Dems have said that there will be absolutely no negotiation on any of their bills. It's the only option available if they are going to stand up for their core beliefs. Remember to write them emails thanking them for their unselfish sacrifice.
Have we thought about a write in campaign for those who stood up for us? They may not be eligible to run for re-election, but can we still get them back in office via write-in votes when the time comes?

Have we thought about a write in campaign for those who stood up for us? They may not be eligible to run for re-election, but can we still get them back in office via write-in votes when the time comes?
They can't hold office for Senator or Representative. Not sire if write-ins would matter anyway with ranked choice voting.

They can't hold office for Senator or Representative. Not sire if write-ins would matter anyway with ranked choice voting.
HB2004. One of the many bowel movements coming from Salem. Ranked voting that they are going to shove through via legislative fiat.

And they wonder why walk-outs are the only peaceful tool left.

HB2004. One of the many bowel movements coming from Salem. Ranked voting that they are going to shove through via legislative fiat.

And they wonder why walk-outs are the only peaceful tool left.
I saw all the green shirts in a tent across from the capitol this morning. It's going to pass and we'll be told "RCV is as simple as choosing ice cream. Even my 5 year old gets it."

Seems to me the democrat vermin inhabiting the state Capitol building want to be forcibly removed from their positions. Oregon state government is totally out of control.
While conservatives aren't paying attention, the Dems are passing HB2572, the unlawful militia law. We should all keep that in mind, not only for forums, but in churches and other gatherings.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews