JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Post em up & don't be shy....
Saturday I had a last minute open seat for Father's Day, I texted around my contacts and finally got a bite. I'd met Jim through a recent C/L sale & found out he was on a fishing forum that I frequented (no not cryfish this time).

We hit Summit lake at 8 am till1 pm with a total catch of 5 Kokes & 2 nice rainbow (nice fat fish) & released 4 (longline) smaller trout.. Was a good day, no one lost any digits nor died.....
20160619_124618.jpg

Another day at Summit Lake (or should I say a few hours) started at 8:45 & caugh the last one at 10:50 and released 5 small trout.
Before I could get the 2nd DR set the first one popped off!!!!
Koke #1 is in the ice bath.... 5 minutes later after I reset both DR's another nice fat Koke get the chilly bath then nothing for a half hour.

Pic #2) I was watching like a hawk and noticed something peculiar on the Starboard rigger. I popped the line off & reeled in but no fish, huh, so I retrieve the DR ball & low & behold there is a 13" koke tangled in the Ford fender gang troll that's attached to it. It had a leader that broke off from some unlucky fishermans line..... Good Lawdy, I sho be lucky sometimes...
I normally don't keep trout but when they really hook themselves good I hate to waste em....

Taking a member from here out tomorrow morning. Will report back.

Pic #3) If I could teach my lab how to drive & fetch the truck I'd be in heaven.

20160630_135618.jpg 20160630_092451.jpg 20160630_093532.jpg

Last Edited:
I had someone on another board refer to them as copepods. WDFW says they have been there or years & the fish are ok to eat but this guy was friggin sickly, soft flesh & underweight I didn't keep him.

On another note I was down to my last can of shoe peg corn the last time out. I had pulled the boat out & was getting things ready to depart when a young man with his 2 sons pulled in to launch. A little small talk ensued & he mentioned all he had was wigglers & asked where the Kokanee were and how deep. I proceeded to explain & said you'll need this to catch em & gave him all my scented corn & tuna mentioning if the kids get hungry they could eat the rest of the tuna.... lol;)

Last Edited:
Well since I'm the only active fisherman here I'll keep the reports coming.
I'll be waking around 2 am then driving 2+ hours to Lake Merwin to join a new fishing friend (he took an open seat in May) to chase some more kokanee.

20160713_184744.jpg
Pics to follow after a nap at the rest Toutle area... I'm dog tired....

Well the total was 7 Kokes & 2 good sized trout. Dog tired....

The largest koke cut blood red, that's gonna taste so good tomorrow night.... 20160713_191939_001.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top