JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good grief, if they go off of percentages alone (which they'll do to feed their narrative), 20% of denials for private sales were for mental health reasons and 20% for stolen gun! Never mind that those 20% numbers only represent 1 denial each, but hey!, it's 20%!!! And we can't overlook 60% to prohibited persons!!!

I can see it now - Floyd Prozanski on the floor of the senate, boldly declaring "We have, through SB941, stopped 20% of sales to mentally unstable individuals and 20% of sales of stolen guns!!! AND, we stopped 60% of sales to prohibited persons!!! SB941 works!! Seig Heil! Seig Heil! Seig Heil!!"

The number of private background checks is very low. August September October November December. That is five months. 195 private background checks done a month. About 30 a day. I believe the real number of private sales is much, much higher.

We know for a fact that gang bangers on SE Stark, SE Powell, SE Division are not submitting to a private background check.

Keep in mind that "40% of all gun sales are thru private parties without a background check" myth. So far, even taking into account it's only been 5 months, Oregon is at about 0.7% of all gun sales being private sales.

The number of private background checks is very low. August September October November December. That is five months. 195 private background checks done a month. About 30 a day. I believe the real number of private sales is much, much higher.

We know for a fact that gang bangers on SE Stark, SE Powell, SE Division are not submitting to a private background check.

There is also the possibility that private sales dropped way down when people no longer saw the advantage of buying a firearm privately vs. buying it from a retail outlet.

A LOT of the private sales I have seen over the years asked prices near or over retail new price, and often got near retail for firearms in good shape because people wanted guns without "paperwork". Now that there is no difference in that regard, they would just as soon buy something new, with a warranty/etc., and a retail seller to come back to if something is wrong.

That, and I would also presume that some people simply stopped buying or cut way back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top