JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Certainly it's the same thing. It's just like this website. There's no Law that says you have to be so old to access this site but there is a "Policy" that sets the minimum age. Store Policy has Simply changed and he doesn't like the change. I will be very surprised if he wins and most likely it won't be decided before he turns 21 or maybe even 25! Courts do take their own sweet time.

Another really dumb law suit. I wouldn't be surprised if they tossed this one. Places of business have the Right to set Policy as long as it doesn't conflict with the Law. And this Policy doesn't. Now if Dick's had said "We are going to sell to 10 year old kids". Well, then there would be a cause of action.
There is laws regarding minors use of the internet, you can thank Bill Clinton.

I'mshocked more people are rallying behind this kid. Wheres his GoFundme page? Seriously.

If it was any other scenario everyone would be up in arms but because it's related to guns it's not as serious of a civil rights issue?

What if tomorrow stores stop selling x, y or z to people age 18? Where does it stop...

I suppose liberals are looking at the issue in terms of what actually happens, today, in this country... (all legal uses aside, of course) people use ar15's to mow down school children and concert goers. How many ar15's have been used to keep our government from acting tyrannically or throwing people in gas chambers? None, or at least, none that succeeded, or none that liberals care about or agree with.

Sure they can arguably do both, but they only have a history of doing one. Also, one is exponentially easier than the other, and can happen on a whim.

Modern-_Musket.jpg

It is because Freedom Loving Americans own these. It's a PREVENTION tool/measure from a possible overstepping of Govt. tyranny (foreign or domestic).

If they had them? Wouldn't they have used them?

Lexington-_Minutmen-_M4-_American-_Revo.jpg

Aloha, Mark

The conservative way is to question someones motives first then ramble on about Tort reform. Sending money to help with legal expenses ? Thats a Democrat thing.

I heard that the OR Labor Commissioner, Brad Avakian, who is definitely no conservative, came out yesterday with a statement that essentially supports this kid's side of the story - he said this may actually be discrimination. After I picked my jaw up off the floor and cleaned my shorts out, I had to come tell you guys ;)

I think at least some of the dems in Oregon are aware that they turned 'discrimination' into an easy lawsuit for anyone that doesn't get what they want. If they want the bakers' ruling to stand, they have to be consistent in their application of the law or another judge may overturn the whole thing. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Personally, I'm on the side of the baker and any other business that chooses to reject business they don't want based on their choice. I also support folks not giving business to those companies if they don't like their views. If Dick's wants this policy, fine, I hope it hurts them financially. But so long as we're under the forced service policy the Democrats have pushed for LGBT rights, etc. I'm all in favor of using their tactics against them.
I fully concur!

Certainly it's the same thing. It's just like this website. There's no Law that says you have to be so old to access this site but there is a "Policy" that sets the minimum age. Store Policy has Simply changed and he doesn't like the change. I will be very surprised if he wins and most likely it won't be decided before he turns 21 or maybe even 25! Courts do take their own sweet time.

Another really dumb law suit. I wouldn't be surprised if they tossed this one. Places of business have the Right to set Policy as long as it doesn't conflict with the Law. And this Policy doesn't. Now if Dick's had said "We are going to sell to 10 year old kids". Well, then there would be a cause of action.

Please explain how store policy trumps federal laws against discrimination based on age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, race, gender. Legally there is nowhere a constitutional right is inaccessible by adult for those reasons. If it's not in the constitution then it doesn't have to follow the same rules. For example not being able to rent a car until you are 25. Nowhere in the constitution does it say that "the right to a rental car shall not be infringed," it does say that "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" and any store that uses age as the sole reason to prevent a sale to a legal adult when no federal law mandates them to do so is a discriminatory practice of a constitutionally protected right.

The only reason why liberals aren't foaming at the mouth aiding this guy is because it's about guns and not their agenda. Imagine how they would cry for total shutdown of Dicks or any store if they were discriminating against people because of sexual orientation, oh wait!!! They already have, a Christian baker who did not want to bake a gay wedding cake lost a court case and had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to some gay guys who wanted to make a point and show that our court and legal system really is a tyrannical sham.

Please explain how store policy trumps federal laws against discrimination based on age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, race, gender. Legally there is nowhere a constitutional right is inaccessible by adult for those reasons. If it's not in the constitution then it doesn't have to follow the same rules. For example not being able to rent a car until you are 25. Nowhere in the constitution does it say that "the right to a rental car shall not be infringed," it does say that "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" and any store that uses age as the sole reason to prevent a sale to a legal adult when no federal law mandates them to do so is a discriminatory practice of a constitutionally protected right.

The only reason why liberals aren't foaming at the mouth aiding this guy is because it's about guns and not their agenda. Imagine how they would cry for total shutdown of Dicks or any store if they were discriminating against people because of sexual orientation, oh wait!!! They already have, a Christian baker who did not want to bake a gay wedding cake lost a court case and had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to some gay guys who wanted to make a point and show that our court and legal system really is a tyrannical sham.

Yeah, exactly. Where is the outcry from the left?

It would be fun if they turned down a female black lesbian transexual who was between 18 and 21.

There you go. And I'm not joking here - get a minority who may also be gay or trans, between 18-20 and have them try to buy a gun. They're going to be stuck between a rock and a hard place regarding the multiple levels of discrimination. Might be an interesting outcome.

What really boggles the mind here, a retailer who is betting the whole stack of chips on ether State or Fed courts striking this down, preemptvely installing a "Store Policy" of discrimination against a Constitutnal right, and in OryGun, a State recognsed policy against age discrimination! What this says to me, is that Big business believes it holds enough power over the people to actually influence things, and if the courts strike down this suit, were screwed big time! Just who do these people think they are, with out support of the State they are operating in, and against both State and Fed law, how in Hell do they think this will stand, how in He'll do they think they can get away with this! Think about this, they are not backing down one single inch, despite all this, what does this tell us? Notice how the State is being Very quiet? The Police are being Very quiet, the States A.G. is being Very quiet! I gotta bad feeling about this!:eek::eek::eek:

The exclusion of people under 21 purchasing a handgun has been long codified in law and never ruled as a violation of the second amendment. You guys are drinking the coolaid and enriching lawyer's nothing more than that. Adding a type or class of firearm to that exclusion will not trigger any constitutional infringement or protection.

There you go. And I'm not joking here - get a minority who may also be gay or trans, between 18-20 and have them try to buy a gun. They're going to be stuck between a rock and a hard place regarding the multiple levels of discrimination. Might be an interesting outcome.
Ok, we have to find one for a test case.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top