JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The exclusion of people under 21 purchasing a handgun has been long codified in law and never ruled as a violation of the second amendment. You guys are drinking the coolaid and enriching lawyer's nothing more than that. Adding a type or class of firearm to that exclusion will not trigger any constitutional infringement or protection.
Rifles are not codified under law. The legislature certainly can do that but at this point the store is refusing the sale based on the buyers age with no law to back it up. In oregon that is age discrimination .

The exclusion of people under 21 purchasing a handgun has been long codified in law and never ruled as a violation of the second amendment. You guys are drinking the coolaid and enriching lawyer's nothing more than that. Adding a type or class of firearm to that exclusion will not trigger any constitutional infringement or protection.
It won't work unless you are discriminating on the basis of a protected class......like all gays, Trans, women or black people. You guys need to apply some logic here and not just pile on the sinking boat.
I was joking.

Rifles are not codified under law. The legislature certainly can do that but at this point the store is refusing the sale based on the buyers age with no law to back it up. In oregon that is age discrimination .
You will loose that argument. It is superior to the constitutional second amendment one but it is in Oregon, if nessisary, the Governor will write and the legislature will pas a law exempting guns in the common accommodation rules. Alcohol has long been outside the law and they just added tobacco.....how does that work?

You will loose that argument. It is superior to the constitutional second amendment one but it is in Oregon, if nessisary, the Governor will write and the legislature will pas a law exempting guns in the common accommodation rules. Alcohol has long been outside the law and they just added tobacco.....how does that work?
There is no Constitutional guarantee for alcohol or tobacco.

It is certainly possible for them to change the law. No 2nd amendment issues whatsoever but the way Oregon law is currently written he is allowed to buy a rifle at 18. The store is refusing him service based on his age only. Unless they change their policy they are discriminating based on age. The Oregon courts , while quite liberal, also have shown a liberal interpretation of the law in terms of individual liberty. It would be very unlike them to not rule on his side. I think he's got an excellent case unless the legislature acts to raise the age to 21 which they can legally do

It is certainly possible for them to change the law. No 2nd amendment issues whatsoever but the way Oregon law is currently written he is allowed to buy a rifle at 18. The store is refusing him service based on his age only. Unless they change their policy they are discriminating based on age. The Oregon courts , while quite liberal, also have shown a liberal interpretation of the law in terms of individual liberty. It would be very unlike them to not rule on his side. I think he's got an excellent case unless the legislature acts to raise the age to 21 which they can legally do
Can our Gov. sign an executive order to that effect?

That is there best argument......I just don't think the Oregon government will allow it to stand and you still have not addressed the 21 year old minimum for tobbaco and alcohol that don't seem to be impeded by the common accommodation law.

That is there best argument......I just don't think the Oregon government will allow it to stand and you still have not addressed the 21 year old minimum for tobbaco and alcohol that don't seem to be impeded by the common accommodation law.

All the under 21 for alcohol and tobacco laws are codified laws in Oregon. The long arms for under 21 is not.

At this point, what maneuvering takes place will have no effect on this kids suit, and further, if it gets upheld in the courts, then the State would be in big trouble having done something counter to the courts finding! This paints the State and Gov Brown in a bad position!

at a point in oregon you had to be 21 to buy any firearm, it was then dropped to just a handgun.
everyone here saw this so called lawyer come on this site asking for a kid to go try buying a gun.

every one callsthis entrapment aka a setup . How far do you think this will go. a setup to fail. who's behind this ?

Did anyone inform this 20 yr old adult kid, that he could end up dead as the final. As in the Bundy ranch/ levoy finicum.

ATf/fbi short handed LOLOL, why use your personal, when you can hire a hit man. It's cheaper

it isn't that I agree with the policy but I do support the right of an individual or company to do busisness with whoever they choose (aka the Wedding cake baker) but I can't see a logical way forward to support the increase on age policy being illegal in today's Oregon enviorment.

Once a law to raise the age for all purchases is passed then that will be correct. That, however, has yet to happen (I believe it will here in Oregon).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top