JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

20MOA Rail

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Well.... It depends on; (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I plan to use this rifle to stretch the limits of what I can shoot. Sub $750 (all new) Sub $1200 rifle & scope combo to shoot 1000y. This also will be my go to rifle for anything close (I just want the ability to go far and play).

It only has a 20" barrel, 1:10 twist.... And it is a mere .308!! I have a 3x12-42 diamondback scope by Vortex Vortex Viper HST with VMR-1 reticle mounted on it with 30mm Leupold rings and one piece base.

As I stated I plan to stretch this gun to its limit and push the transonic line as far away from me as possible. I know there is a limit and I want to find that limit.

The Diamondback has a total of 100 MOA Viper has 75MOA of vertical adjustment and assuming I'm sitting somewhere between 40-60 right now on alignment I want to give myself the uttermost amount of elevation out of the scope before I max the turrets. This is a VPlex crosshair setup, I did not want mildots. I currently have 60MOA of vertical adjustment left on the scope. I have only done a bore sight at 130 yards. The Viper has 30 MOA at 890y on 16x on the reticle with another 32 on the turrets.

View attachment 262956

I plan to zero it at 200y and have adjustment for further.

Yes or no on a 20MOA rail?

If I'm close to this spec on my hand loads I should be good to my maximum MOA without bottoming out the elevation..

Is the extra 20MOA necessary? I don't see it much, what's your thoughts? I want to verify this before I do my zeroing in, I'd rather not remount again.
View attachment 262240
JBM Calculator
Blackhawk makes a 20moa for 50 buck that takes the abuse of my 300wn 700 all day long. Good price if your on a budget.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top