JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

20MOA Rail

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Well.... It depends on; (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I plan to use this rifle to stretch the limits of what I can shoot. Sub $750 (all new) Sub $1200 rifle & scope combo to shoot 1000y. This also will be my go to rifle for anything close (I just want the ability to go far and play).

It only has a 20" barrel, 1:10 twist.... And it is a mere .308!! I have a 3x12-42 diamondback scope by Vortex Vortex Viper HST with VMR-1 reticle mounted on it with 30mm Leupold rings and one piece base.

As I stated I plan to stretch this gun to its limit and push the transonic line as far away from me as possible. I know there is a limit and I want to find that limit.

The Diamondback has a total of 100 MOA Viper has 75MOA of vertical adjustment and assuming I'm sitting somewhere between 40-60 right now on alignment I want to give myself the uttermost amount of elevation out of the scope before I max the turrets. This is a VPlex crosshair setup, I did not want mildots. I currently have 60MOA of vertical adjustment left on the scope. I have only done a bore sight at 130 yards. The Viper has 30 MOA at 890y on 16x on the reticle with another 32 on the turrets.

View attachment 262956

I plan to zero it at 200y and have adjustment for further.

Yes or no on a 20MOA rail?

If I'm close to this spec on my hand loads I should be good to my maximum MOA without bottoming out the elevation..

Is the extra 20MOA necessary? I don't see it much, what's your thoughts? I want to verify this before I do my zeroing in, I'd rather not remount again.
View attachment 262240
JBM Calculator
Blackhawk makes a 20moa for 50 buck that takes the abuse of my 300wn 700 all day long. Good price if your on a budget.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top