JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
11028543_1.jpg 1993-96-Vintage-Coonan-Arms-Model-B-Cadet-357-Magnum-Pistol-w-Box-Manual-Etc-RARE-and-FLAT-MIN...jpg

I'm liking your original intent on this thread.
My personal experience and memories, backed up by sifting the interwebs, made it clear.
The 80s didn't have a lot of flops. The 70s saw enough military/police experimentals to get a nod ,but the 90s IMO , where chock full of smokeless powder abominations.

I give you, the colt 2000 "all American "

colt 2000-1.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
1992(3?)

Nothing is more iconic and screams the 80s than the RPB open bolt Mac10 manufactured in 1981. I bought this gun back min 87 and have had it ever since,

IMG_20210919_173017042_MP.jpg

Last Edited:
Classic 80s AR15, This is a Colt SP1 I bought back in the early 90s and it was manufactured in 1974 from the research I have done with the numbers. Factory 30 round and 20 round Colt mags and Bayo.

IMG_20210902_193209379 (1).jpg

The early 80s is when I really started getting into firearms. I bought a COP 357 since they were relatively cheap and unique. Trigger pull was kind of like using one of those hand squeezing exercisers. I remember running some Winchester Silvertip 357 Magnum loads through it. Hand and wrist hurt for a few days. It was a solid piece of metal though. Probably would have worked better as an impact weapon than firearm.

View attachment 1043070
Couldn't help but think of this:

Classic 80s AR15, This is a Colt SP1 I bought back in the early 90s and it was manufactured in 1974 from the research I have done with the numbers. Factory 30 round and 20 round Colt mags and Bayo.

View attachment 1043363

Very nice. I've got an 80's SP1 also. Mine is one of those weird serial numbers. I believe mine is from mid to late 80's.

^^^^^^
Colt marked bayo??

When I got mine it came with a bayonet also. Mine is marked FZR. After doing research when I got it, I think I'd rather have my FZR instead of a Colt marked one.

Very nice @rdb241 . 👍

The early 80s is when I really started getting into firearms. I bought a COP 357 since they were relatively cheap and unique. Trigger pull was kind of like using one of those hand squeezing exercisers. I remember running some Winchester Silvertip 357 Magnum loads through it. Hand and wrist hurt for a few days. It was a solid piece of metal though. Probably would have worked better as an impact weapon than firearm.

View attachment 1043070
They have a unique recoil for sure, punches the hell out the web of the hand.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top