JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought one of these in the 80s An FN FNC
1633158792512.png

Sold it after I got married

Was the .41AE 80s, or 90s?

I had a Jericho 941 when the 41 actually stood for 41 Action Express... l never did find .41AE ammo for it, even when it was still being made. It was my only foray into 9mm after buying (and selling) a 1st Gen Ruger P85 until about 2010.

Also, "zinc guns" like Davis 380. Guns like these were responsible for my decades long ambivalence towards striker-fired pistols.

The extreme crap-tastic-ness of Sedco and the jp-22, their slightly resized knock off of the Jennings j-22. Half the quality for the same price!

20180411130928-7322.jpg

I did have a Tangfolio in 41 AE and had one box of ammo most people convert these to 9mm . I wouldn't enjoy even looking for 41ae now ! They do look a little Cz ish don't they ?View attachment 1042774
I have a soft spot for orphans. Got any .41 left? Yeah, original IMI .41 AE is up to $50/box! Oh, wait a minute...so is everything else. Tanfoglio pretty much cloned the CZ, with a touch of Italian flair tossed in.

I have a soft spot for orphans. Got any .41 left? Yeah, original IMI .41 AE is up to $50/box! Oh, wait a minute...so is everything else. Tanfoglio pretty much cloned the CZ, with a touch of Italian flair tossed in.
Nope all the 41 ae business is long gone everything I have now shoots normal bullets lol

The early 80s is when I really started getting into firearms. I bought a COP 357 since they were relatively cheap and unique. Trigger pull was kind of like using one of those hand squeezing exercisers. I remember running some Winchester Silvertip 357 Magnum loads through it. Hand and wrist hurt for a few days. It was a solid piece of metal though. Probably would have worked better as an impact weapon than firearm.

1633214081795.png

The early 80s is when I really started getting into firearms. I bought a COP 357 since they were relatively cheap and unique. Trigger pull was kind of like using one of those hand squeezing exercisers. I remember running some Winchester Silvertip 357 Magnum loads through it. Hand and wrist hurt for a few days. It was a solid piece of metal though. Probably would have worked better as an impact weapon than firearm.

View attachment 1043070
Imagine that in .45 Long Colt/.410 :s0001:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews