JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
No idea how many owners, so maybe a couple thousand rounds through it, in other words, just starting to get broken in. :cool:
3 new 10 round Ruger factory mags, 1 Butler Creek 25 round mag.
Bolt buffer has been replaced with a nylon buffer made from a 1/4-20x3" nylon bolt.
Brimstone Tier 3 trigger set for 'sweet spot.' Tier 3 (Basic) Ruger 10/22 Trigger Work
I would describe this as a "very good" 2 stage trigger. In addtion to the much improved trigger pull, this has the 'auto bolt release' which is glorious for dropping the locked back bolt with one hand!

I think the stock is stained beach, but I'm not a woodologist, so I might be wrong.
Includes an extra Ruger synthetic stock like this one Ruger 10/22 OEM Factory Synthetic Stock
I don't believe the scope rail is OEM.

$225.00 firm, no trades, but if you really, really want to make a trade offer, feel free. :)
IMG_54021.jpg IMG_54031.jpg IMG_54041.jpg IMG_54061.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's stained beech. The worn finish areas are showing through a light colored wood. Walnut would remain a darker brown. Also, walnut grain patterns are different. Still a fair price for an older metal trigger guard unit.

Another benefit to owning one of these older 10/22's is that they run perfectly with the inexpensive Butler Creek 25 round mags. Ruger redesigned the newer ones so that they would FTF with Butler Creeks and only run right with Ruger BX 25's.

Another benefit to owning one of these older 10/22's is that they run perfectly with the inexpensive Butler Creek 25 round mags. Ruger redesigned the newer ones so that they would FTF with Butler Creeks and only run right with Ruger BX 25's.

Didn't know about the new Vs old issue, but I ran about 50 rnds with the Butler Creek mag and it ran fine :)

Didn't know about the new Vs old issue, but I ran about 50 rnds with the Butler Creek mag and it ran fine :)
Yep...I have owned several 10/22's both new and old. The one I have now is an older one like yours and the difference in build quality is noticeable. And it runs 100% with the Butler Creeks. The newer ones dont, Ruger did that deliberately in order to boost sales of the BX 25's.

Also for the info, the older Ruger 10-22s built in the 60s, 70s, and much of the 80s, had real actual Black Walnut stocks, and they also had black anodized aluminum butt plates and forearm barrel bands. So most likely someone had swapped out the stock on yours. :cool:

Well, that's a puzzler . . . :confused: I just checked and it does have the black anodized aluminum butt plates and forearm barrel band. Why, this must be a rare, uncatalogued variation worth thousands! :cool:

Or not. :rolleyes: $25.00 price drop to $225.00 for the non walnut stock.

Also found the paperwork from Brimstone and it lists the trigger pull at 2lbs, 6 oz.

Also for the info, the older Ruger 10-22s built in the 60s, 70s, and much of the 80s, had real actual Black Walnut stocks, and they also had black anodized aluminum butt plates and forearm barrel bands. So most likely someone had swapped out the stock on yours. :cool:

Well, that was more time spent learning about 10/22's than I ever expected! :eek:

I found several references, including this one, that said that the first 10/22's had walnut stocks, but that only lasted a few years and by 1968 they were birch or maple.

So with that, I am going say that although I lack documented chain of evidence, this is most likely the original stock for this rifle. :)

Not true, call Ruger, and they can tell yiu dates. I got a 10-22 brand new back in 1978 at Christmas which has walnut. I talk to Ruger alot and my uncle had a gunshop over 40 yrs and was a stocking ruger dealer. :cool:

Called Ruger this morning and they confirmed that in 1968 this was most likely shipped with a walnut stock, so mea culpa, it does appear that the stock has been switched at some point in the last 30 years. So, to reflect that, I am going change the price by . . . . drum roll please . . . . !

Nothing! :)

That's right, nothing. Not changing the price because frankly OG stock or not, $225.00 for this rifle 3 new Ruger 10 round mags, a Butler Creek 25 rnd mag AND a new synthetic stock is a heck of a deal.
DealWithIt.gif

Well, what a roller coaster ride of a week that was! To bring you up to speed:
1) 1968 action, trigger group and barrel
2) NOT a 1968 stock because it's not walnut, but still old enough to have the aluminum butt plate and barrel band
3) Still a great deal at $225.00 :cool:

Lets break it down.
Brimstone trigger work - $38.50
3 new Ruger 10 round mags - $32.00
Extra unused synthetic stock, they list for $20.00, but realistically lets call it $10.00

So that's $80.50 in 'extras' meaning that the base rifle with the Ram Line 25 round mag is just $144.50

So, here we are and welcome to week 2 :)

Vinnie, that may have been used by "The Company" in SE Asia in '68....:D
Or not, but they did play around on "Test Subjects".:cool:

Fer sure they don't make em like they used to, and
THIS IS A VERY GOOD DEAL...,:):)
And stock is Birch and older....:)

Vinnie, that may have been used by "The Company" in SE Asia in '68....:D
Or not, but they did play around on "Test Subjects".:cool:

Fer sure they don't make em like they used to, and
THIS IS A VERY GOOD DEAL...,:):)
And stock is Birch and older....:)

Hum, remind me never to cross you...

Hum, remind me never to cross you...

I know Nibbs IRL, so just a heads up . . . if you ever accidentally cross him, just blurt out something like "The Fed killed JFK!" or maybe "those fires had help from .gov weather control satellites!" It might take 5 or 6 hours, but eventually he will pause to take a breath and you might be able to slip away. ;)

Still have it, but you could have it for $225.00 I'll split the $25.00 fees at A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top