JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And welcome from the great State of Jefferson. There's a new member introduction forum where you can say hello if you'd like. We're a pretty friendly bunch.

Here's pics. A93528AF-FE96-4AC7-8C5E-86A9B2570D1A.jpeg CDAE9E54-B646-4648-976E-69D1A58A02A6.jpeg C9D84046-F222-40AF-8CD5-B6A8542A91BF.jpeg B8E92785-33A2-45BA-807E-EEC0C1C43C13.jpeg

That's a rimfire........pretty tough, I might consider a rechambered to a an appropriate center fire, haven't studied it but maby something a 25-20? and reset the firing pin to a center fire..................... Just looked them up. Looks like 25-20 would be a perfect rechamber and ammo is available.

Last Edited:
Thankfully I'm in Southern Oregon which is somewhat better, but we have our own commie control freaks in Salem. Different state, same corrupt and anti-American agenda.

Winchester or .25 Single shot?
25-20 is an orignal Winchester caliber from about the same time as the 25 Stevens and about the same power. Rimfire ammo is challenging to manufacture because it requires nitro cellulose as a primer that is quite explosive. Larry Potterfield from Midway did a short video on doing the exact conversion from a 32 rim to a 32-20 as I remember.

Last Edited:
Went to Midway and checked video library...no luck. Would you recommend them to do the conversion? Big expense? I'm thinking of using it for a wall hanger at the ranch. I don't have much in it, but it looks pretty interesting.

The rifles in .25 rimfire caliber , don't have much collector interest in my area...and I like to shoot what I own.
( And I own a more than a few original muzzleloaders , that I do shoot )
If it were my rifle I'd see about a centerfire conversion in .25-20 W.C.F.....

That said , the cost of the conversion may exceed any monetary value the rifle has...
Andy
Edit:
The Stevens Favorite 1915 also came in .22LR...maybe look into a .22LR barrel for it...?
Not sure if this is even feasible....But at one time I owned a 1915 Stevens that had a "take off " Ruger 10 /22 barrel...it worked and shot just fine....

Last Edited:
My gunsmith near Boise would do the conversion quite inexpensively. I actually talked to him about it today. Guns are easy to ship to a gunsmith and returned. His name is Doug Jones, Gunsmith Solutions. He is in Kuna Idaho, look him up. 25 caliber bore is not a 22 so unless you want to do an expensive sleeve job or rebarrel entirely. rechambering to 25-20 is the best option.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top