JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had one of these in .25 rimfire and sold it for a real pretty penny. ($900)
Have it converted to .22LR and you will turn it into a $175 rifle :eek:
I never had a problem finding ammo for mine at local gun shows. It ran about .75 cents a round.
A .22 barrel will fit but will need some work to the fp and block for proper ignition.

I had one of these in .25 rimfire and sold it for a real pretty penny. ($900)
Have it converted to .22LR and you will turn it into a $175 rifle :eek:
I never had a problem finding ammo for mine at local gun shows. It ran about .75 cents a round.
A .22 barrel will fit but will need some work to the fp and block for proper ignition.
I'm with you! You just convinced me to leave it alone. If you want to try your luck again at 900. You can own this one for half that (smiley face)

Went to Midway and checked video library...no luck. Would you recommend them to do the conversion? Big expense? I'm thinking of using it for a wall hanger at the ranch. I don't have much in it, but it looks pretty interesting.
Google Larry Potterfield 32 rim conversion. It is on utube.

I have a Favorite in .25 Stevens. It's been in the family for several generations and is in rough shape, no real collector value. I was able to find exactly three rounds of .25 long rimfire to try in it, and only one went off. Apparently ammo hasn't been made in that caliber since before WWII, as I recall reading somewhere.

I was told that a centerfire conversion for the Favorite was not feasible, due to the action being very weak. Mine is an older model, previous to the 1915, so perhaps the 1915 is a little stronger? I've thought about lining the barrel for some years, but it would cost more than the rifle is worth. One of these days I'm going to get courageous and buy a liner to try doing it myself, only because it will never be sold and we might as well shoot it. If it was in better shape and had any value I would leave it as is. Who knows, maybe some day someone will make a run of .25 Stevens ammo again?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top