JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And welcome from the great State of Jefferson. There's a new member introduction forum where you can say hello if you'd like. We're a pretty friendly bunch.

Here's pics. A93528AF-FE96-4AC7-8C5E-86A9B2570D1A.jpeg CDAE9E54-B646-4648-976E-69D1A58A02A6.jpeg C9D84046-F222-40AF-8CD5-B6A8542A91BF.jpeg B8E92785-33A2-45BA-807E-EEC0C1C43C13.jpeg

That's a rimfire........pretty tough, I might consider a rechambered to a an appropriate center fire, haven't studied it but maby something a 25-20? and reset the firing pin to a center fire..................... Just looked them up. Looks like 25-20 would be a perfect rechamber and ammo is available.

Last Edited:
Thankfully I'm in Southern Oregon which is somewhat better, but we have our own commie control freaks in Salem. Different state, same corrupt and anti-American agenda.

Winchester or .25 Single shot?
25-20 is an orignal Winchester caliber from about the same time as the 25 Stevens and about the same power. Rimfire ammo is challenging to manufacture because it requires nitro cellulose as a primer that is quite explosive. Larry Potterfield from Midway did a short video on doing the exact conversion from a 32 rim to a 32-20 as I remember.

Last Edited:
Went to Midway and checked video library...no luck. Would you recommend them to do the conversion? Big expense? I'm thinking of using it for a wall hanger at the ranch. I don't have much in it, but it looks pretty interesting.

The rifles in .25 rimfire caliber , don't have much collector interest in my area...and I like to shoot what I own.
( And I own a more than a few original muzzleloaders , that I do shoot )
If it were my rifle I'd see about a centerfire conversion in .25-20 W.C.F.....

That said , the cost of the conversion may exceed any monetary value the rifle has...
Andy
Edit:
The Stevens Favorite 1915 also came in .22LR...maybe look into a .22LR barrel for it...?
Not sure if this is even feasible....But at one time I owned a 1915 Stevens that had a "take off " Ruger 10 /22 barrel...it worked and shot just fine....

Last Edited:
My gunsmith near Boise would do the conversion quite inexpensively. I actually talked to him about it today. Guns are easy to ship to a gunsmith and returned. His name is Doug Jones, Gunsmith Solutions. He is in Kuna Idaho, look him up. 25 caliber bore is not a 22 so unless you want to do an expensive sleeve job or rebarrel entirely. rechambering to 25-20 is the best option.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads