JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone local to Vancouver area have a 1911 plunger staking tool I can borrow for as long as it takes to re-stake a plunger? One of the two legs is loose on my Gov't. While my current left grip panel is cut to support the tube, I don't want to have to rely on that or have my safety locked on if that grip relief was to break.

My other thought is whether I should buy a new tube in advance? Or would there be enough material to properly re-stake the current plunger? It was loose the first time I took the grip panels off, which tells me it wasn't staked properly from the factory.

Thank you in advance!

I don't have one, but speaking from experience, remember to support the empty tube while staking it. I've collapsed one early in my career and had to wait for a new tube. Most tools come with a wire to stick in the plunger tube, but if not, stick a well-fit drill bit in the hole...

Green locktite is your friend here, let it set up for a day before staking. I have not had to stake one, mosty due to the right fitment and a little Green. :)
If you must stake it, a good right fitting drill bit is a good way to keep things bad from happening! Mountainbear speaks the truth!:D

What several folks are saying is do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again. Staking IS the proper method for installation of the Plunger Tube but the Correct Tools are required to do it right.

I am in the same situation as the OP.
Could someone lend me a staking tool for my 1911. My plunger popped off at the range. Not sure if i should replace it or just try to restake it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top