JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this is interesting marketing... send Ed Brown any 1911 magazine in exchange for a new Ed Brown mfg mag for about a 3rd the cost ($10)...
limit 20.

any 1911 owner knows cheap mags suck so you inevitably wind up with some learning the hard way thinking how can anyone screw up a 100yr old design on a single stack. You buy one, or two for cheap and they malfunction.

Begs the question, what are they gonna do with a pile of junk mags?

Ed Brown Magazine Exchange Program | Ed Brown Products, Inc.

That's a great opportunity to swap out old MegGar and Act Magazines for better quality mags at a fraction of the cost...

What an advertising stunt...

If I still had a 1911 I would take this opportunity to rid myself of any junk or worn mags. I have always bought 47D mags but always end up with others in trade.

Metalform makes these magazines for Ed Brown.

screeech... stop the record here. I was going to send in some Metalform mags they don't feed good or seat with the advertised capacity (8rds). Are you sure Metalform makes them for Ed Brown?

Boy what a crapshoot....

Maybe Ed Brown is trying to sell off their crappy inventory....

Maybe Ed Brown fixed the problem and is trying to get their name back in the magazine use.

Ive always heard Metalform made good mags, years ago I saw a deal for some on Midway so I bought a few.... They sucked, badly. So they went in the junk box and been there ever since. Havent, and will not buy Metalform again...

But then what to do with them, and at 10 bucks a new mag, from arguably one of the best 1911 makers out there i would think they would be quality mags.

Heres the Metalform mags I bought years ago....

Metalform Mag Pro-Carry Series 1911 Government - MPN: 45-246PX

I was going to gather up my factory mags and trade them in. Now I'm thinking they might be better quality. Wilson 47d are my carry mags.

I could of said i have a Ed Brown 1911.....

....magazine.

Wolff Springs has a new line of their own 8rd mags for sale. Very good reviews so far.
i don't know who makes them for Wolff, but they have their top quality springs installed.

8%20round%20Black.jpg

I'm still using Chip McCormick Shooting Stars... was debating whether or not this was worthwhile.

Sounds like I'm sticking with them unless I find a steal on Wilson 47's...

Yeah I wouldnt trade in CMC mags, those are perfectly fine and wouldnt be an upgrade.

That's good. I have some full size 8-round mags - inexpensive ones, at home. Might be worth the refresh.

IMO its only worth it if your current mags dont work.

Also note: Ed Browns 8rd mags all have an extended baseplate. Their govt size flush fit mags are all 7rd ers. I didnt see any 8rd flush fit mags...

I've never had problems with 1911 mags that were of the original government 7 round design.
Every other magazine I have had problems with has been an 8 round,I prefer how the flush 7 round mags look anyway.

OTOH, I've been thinking about upgrading from McCormick's original "+1 in same form-factor" SS to the newer Power 10's, even with the slight extension.
I was about to dig out my box of extra mags and pack up a bunch till I kept reading. I too will pass. Most of mine of Chip Mc, both 8 round flush and 10 round. None have ever failed. I am not comfortable with having the base plate welded in, sounds odd to me.
As for the 10 round I have often taken to carrying with them in when mode of dress allows. Every time I see video of another shooting where some LEO is pumping rounds into a drug zombie who will not stop, I come away thinking maybe 11 rounds on tap will be wanted some time.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews