JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Other than going custom route I don't know of any factory railed bobtails. That's why I started on my own.
Is pick up an RIA (for budget) or an SA Operator and do the bobtail yourself. It's not too difficult.

'Look at Brownell's. They carry many different frames. If you're handy, the Bobtail conversion should be pretty straightforward to do if you can't find one already done that way.

Call gary at foster (caspian), he has a constantly changing inventory, the website doen't get updated with the one or two of a kind because they go pretty fast.

I know you "want what you want" and it's a personal decision, but, why a bobtail? I carry a race ready foster framed 1911 with an integral mag well, never a problem with concealment.

Call gary at foster (caspian), he has a constantly changing inventory, the website doen't get updated with the one or two of a kind because they go pretty fast.

I know you "want what you want" and it's a personal decision, but, why a bobtail? I carry a race ready foster framed 1911 with an integral mag well, never a problem with concealment.
Your right but it's not a carry thing. I just like the bobtail, fits really good in my big fat hands. Lol

but, why a bobtail?

I didn't like the looks of a bobtail. It's like a round butt Smith & Wesson. It either fits you or it doesn't. I love both the bobtail and round butt Smith, but I never liked them at all until I held them. Nothing fits my hand like my CBOB or the 686+ round butt I stupidly sold...

Brownells has a jig for boring a new MSH hole and they also have the bobbed MSH. I have done a couple and it's real easy. PM me if you decide to do it yourself. Here's my Kimber TLE II with graphite black cerakote.

This is another one I did. I contoured these grips to fit and they cover the pin. The grips on the Kimber are were ordered bobbed.

Kimberbob-tail011.jpg Kimberbob-tail008.jpg ErichsChampion001.jpg

Last Edited:
Brownells has a jig for boring a new MSH hole and they also have the bobbed MSH. I have done a couple and it's real easy. PM me if you decide to do it yourself. Here's my Kimber TLE II with graphite black cerakote.

This is another one I did. I contoured these grips to fit and they cover the pin. The grips on the Kimber are were ordered bobbed.
Who did the finish on you 1911?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads