JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
whatever weapon you choose you had better be aware of what it can and cant do.you should also be proficient with what ever you carry.personally i carry a .45, and if i have to shoot more than 8 rounds i'm in serious trouble whether i have a 9mm or a .45. shot placement is the key factor here.anyone that takes a bullet is going to be discouraged from continuing the fight.from a strictly ballistic stand point,the .45 will generate more energy and create a larger wound channel period.it will generate 100 to 250 ft lbs more energy,even with the 147 grain 9mm.now that being said, if you made a bad shot you a more likely to create greater damage to the person.i would rather have more energy entering the person especially if my life or the lives of others are at stake.in closing , the .45 was designed to STOP and KILL men.

OMG Litle hammer, big hammer. Long as you hit the nail on the head they all work. the difference is the person holding the hammer. Putting your hits where they belong is much more important that how hard you hit. That being said I like to hit as hard as I can, and as accurately as is humanly possible.
Carry what you like and feel that you will carry. At home in the safe doesn't protect you and your loved ones. Do not listen to what others tell you, know for yourself, by consistant practice and familiarity. Go down to a local range rent some different guns to try. See what works best for you.
'nuff said
Dan

Age old debate.......
Do you suppose Cain slew Able with a small, fast, rock or clobbered him with a boulder?

On a similar note -
38D or 36C?

9s bounce off bad guys. .45 is nature's most perfect caliber.

45ACP.jpg

so fun to read these threads;) S.S.D.D (same stuff different day), Anyhow, shot placement being the most important, either caliber is acceptable. Choose the one you are most comfortable with. I can shoot either comfortable, and even though I carry a .45, that is my personal liking and has nothing to do with "stopping power" because a well placed round will do the same thing with a .22 rimfire. When the intended result is death, neither caliber will make you anymore dead than the other.

The difference comes with a not so well placed shot, and IMHO a 9MM and .45 are close enough together in current SD ammo, that it comes down to "what is your personal comfort level with each caliber"

In short, both are good choices, get what you like and practice, practice, practice.

If you can hit something with your first shot from a .45 then go with that. If you need 17+1 of 9mm to zero in on your target, then that is for you. I say +1 on the .40, personally.

Ha! I am quoting my own two-year-old post. :s0114:

I have to revise that statement, since I no longer have anything in a .40 caliber, opting instead for both .45acp and 9mm. But..... if I had to choose......... .45acp FTW!!!!

Well I was always told that .45 will knock a person down in addittion to doing more damage. 9mm and .40 just leave holes and depending on placement they can still come at u. And a wicked awesome samurai sword would be cool too!! Zombies on the other hand: AK-47 all the way!!! Bottom line whatever your confident with under pressure.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top