JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When this hits page, 4 the rules of gun talk in Internet chat rooms dictates that the thread should be locked. Anyone that participates in the dialogue before the lock will receive a shiny gold star sticker in the mail.

Next month, when this question resurfaces, three people need to answer the question with something along the lines of, "Doesn't anyone use the search function anymore?!!?!!!?"

We this hits page 4 the rules of gun talk in internet chat rooms dictates that the thread should be locked. Anyone that participates in the dialogue before the lock will receive a shiny gold star sticker in the mail.

Next month, when this question resurfaces, three people need to answer the question with something along the lines of, "Doesn't anyone use the search function anymore?!!?!!!?"

sounds like you know your stuff! :s0155:

What are we on... page 3? Sweet! I'm in!

All other factors being equal, bigger bullets make bigger holes. I lucked out: I shoot best with .45 so that's what I went with.

Send my gold sticker to my office address please.

Oh gaa is anything going to be accomplished when I write that I carry .45 sometimes and .38+p sometimes and shot placement is the most important factor plus you can never miss fast enough?

Then let's throw in train the way you fight and fight the way you train, practice small and hit large, keep your carry weapons in condition one, situational awareness cures a multitude of sins, always have a backup plan, and carry some less lethal weapons and have a good strong grip, it may be the only thing you have.

I should have just done that I suppose. Ive used search before. A while ago, thats how I learned planes couldn't take off from a treadmill. :s0155:

Im not even going to lower myself (kimber) to this silly question of what caliber (.45) is better than the other. I mean if we have to really pretend that (ultracarry II) one is better than the other.....jeeesh. oh ya the sublimal messages were brought to you today from Federal, thank you.

sorry, i didnt read ALL the replies yet, but the recoil on 45 is greater causing the flinch effect on even seasoned cops. the 9 has far inferior stopping power unless placed properly which is why (so i have been told) so many police forces use the 40 acp. while i have several 9mm and 45 acp, i have never fired a 40. i own a new 9000s berretta in 40 but just havent had the inclination to shoot it yet. it was one of those i had to have after seeing it in a tom cruise movie. then after fondeling it, she hides in the safe, a virgin.

In the same given gun, the 40 will recoil more than a 45.

To get the 40 up to the velocity it needs, it uses fast burning powder, that makes for a sharper, snappier recoil. Whereas the 45 is more of a push.

4242.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads