JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you going to install the same slim flash can shown on the Armslist ad?
I'm thinking about this linear comp from MI: Midwest Industries MI AR-15 Blast Diverter Forward AR15 Linear Compensator (http://vtsupply.com/midwest-mi-ar-15-blast-diverter-forward-ar15-linear-compensator.html)

You risk damaging the handguard. Depends on the muzzle device really.
Yeah I know I'm limited to the flash can type and linear comp muzzle brakes.

The beautiful thing about this love affair we have with building firearms, you get to do whatever you want. I like the longer handguards, not because I put my hand out to the end like magpul fanboys, but because I like to have options for purchase on a barrier. Plus it can give you a longer sight radius, which all olympic shooters can agree on.

Yeah I know I'm limited to the flash can type and linear comp muzzle brakes.
Then you're good to go with it. It'll look funny, but you'll get a longer sight radius and more real estate. Plus a longer handguard=You can be further away from a barrier and still be able to rest the rifle on it without touching the barrel.

Mmmmm.... fire-breathin', barrel-shroudin' pure EVIL to the Bloomingfascists. :)

So what would be a good brake/flash suppressor for that barrel/handguard at Bad Breath Range Home Defense distances in low light?

Maybe I would be wrong but wouldn't the gas and smoke and un-burnt powder just end up in the hand guard???? Extra stuff to clean......Looks very cool though..would be interested in a post shoot inspection and cleaning report

Yeah right.
I did this with a few pistol builds.
I think it looks good. As long as you have a break like the pig there shouldn't be a problem
Two things, I said risk, so I didn't say it'll break the moment you shoot it. Second, I also said it depends on the muzzle device. Ones that vents the flash forward=no risk. Ones that vents it to the sides=Risk.

Risk= how stupid the builder is
If you are smart enough(doesn't take much to build an AR) to build one you are probably smart enough to figure the muzzle device out
No?o_O

As true as that maybe, there's the reason why I mentioned that it would really depend on the muzzle device. Better to take precaution and provide what could be unnecessary detail than not to.

I think that's a KX3 Flaming Pig, which only vents the gases and sound forward. Considering that is a UTG branded handguard, am betting that is a Chinese copy of the Noveske muzzle device. But only with a can or a KX3 would i put a 17" handguard on a 16" barrel.

The KX3 is out of my budget at the moment so I'm gonna go for the Midwest industries linear compensator, which is made of steel and not aluminum like the KX3 copies.

i have a 15" utg slim keymod on my 16" barrel. with my muzzle brake my rail is 3" shorter than the barrel. i think you'll be fine as long as you be careful and dont put your hand all the way at the end of the rail when firing. OUCH! lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top