JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've installed several of the UTG super slim hand guards on customer guns, and everyone has been really happy with them. Surprisingly good reviews for a relatively inexpensive product.

Tangent: Am I the only one who finds it curious how many places are slapping ITAR Restricted labels on AR parts and how Leapers seems to be one of the exceptions?

Seriously, even Magpul stocks and handguards... mags I can somewhat understand. Oh joy, even MORE PITA, just when I thought I'd figured out a way to let a German friend build her own rifle and take (most of) it home with her. F***in' douchebag bureaucraps and pols...

@MountainBear can you tell us what the Inside Diameter is on 'em so we know what our Outer Diameter limit is on brakes/etc., or can you suggest brakes your customers have used?

image.jpeg I like that look as well. Here is a 16" slim rail that i lathe down a very inexpensive flash can to fit perfectly.

I don't have one in hand, so I have no actual numbers for you.

My customers have all opted for the slightly shorter hand guards, so they were free to choose whichever muzzle device they wanted. Most have opted for the standard A2, the Yankee Hill style, or my favorite, the Smith Vortex.

A quick google-fu tells us that the ID is 1.34". But that is internet info, so take it with a grain of salt. Also keep in mind that if you take up all the room at the very end with a muzzle device, it will limit your ability to install a rail section for the length of the device. Just food for thought.

I don't have one in hand, so I have no actual numbers for you.

My customers have all opted for the slightly shorter hand guards, so they were free to choose whichever muzzle device they wanted. Most have opted for the standard A2, the Yankee Hill style, or my favorite, the Smith Vortex.

A quick google-fu tells us that the ID is 1.34". But that is internet info, so take it with a grain of salt. Also keep in mind that if you take up all the room at the very end with a muzzle device, it will limit your ability to install a rail section for the length of the device. Just food for thought.

A review said it was 1.3"

With a conventional muzzle brake or compensator, what happened to that handguard could happen but with a flash can like a Noveske KX3 or a Linear compensator that only have holes on the front, this wouldn't happen unless the muzzle brake itself explodes.

Seems to me that you made the better choice here.

Although I personally find that 13 inch is fine, unless the barrel has a rifle length gas system. Does this barrel have a mid-length gas system?

Yes it has a mid-length. I ended up making the decision because the 16" barrel I wanted sold out and they only had the 17.7" left and also I got a great deal on a 15" Seekins Precision handguard.

The beautiful thing about this love affair we have with building firearms, you get to do whatever you want. I like the longer handguards, not because I put my hand out to the end like magpul fanboys, but because I like to have options for purchase on a barrier. Plus it can give you a longer sight radius, which all olympic shooters can agree on.
Almost every top 3gun shooter also use the magpul fan boy grip.

I guess professional Shooters like Jerry Miculek you must know more than them.
Jerry is an absolutely pleasant person, and I never inferred that not comparing myself to a sliver of the shooting population meant I held myself above them. You did. At least I think that's what you wrote. That sentence is a mess. Also, Jerry often approaches the 11 o'clock position on the rail for control, and rarely touches 12. The fanboys that overgrip the whole hand guard are NOT mitigating anything.

Jerry is an absolutely pleasant person, and I never inferred that not comparing myself to a sliver of the shooting population meant I held myself above them. You did. At least I think that's what you wrote. That sentence is a mess. Also, Jerry often approaches the 11 o'clock position on the rail for control, and rarely touches 12. The fanboys that overgrip the whole hand guard are NOT mitigating anything.
Your original post mentioned nothing about clock position just that you don't stick your hand way out on the rail. A lot of professional Shooters do use a long grip on their rail. Being someone's been shooting 3 gun for 5+ years a longer trip on the rail makes it a lot easier to keep on target when moving and shooting. Every single match I've ever seen the people in open class or tac ops are all running 13 inch plus rails.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top