JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Cowboy action shooters.
This model 97 is in good shape from the 40s E-series
Asking 400.00$
Transfer done in place of my choice in Canby I pay.
Transfer done at your place you pay.

Cart and also holster also for sale.
Court is in very nice shape large tires $200.00$
IMG_4676.JPG
Holsters 75. 00$
Also have other items for cowboy action shooting clothing etc.

Last Edited:
Paper shotgun hulls are an 1/8th of an inch shorter than current plastic hulls. Winchester 1897's have been known to crack receivers when used with plastic hulled ammunition over time, due to the pressure spikes created by the oversized ammunition. Most cowboy action guns have been modified with correct sizes chambers and forcing cones. This is a known issue that is discussed on plenty of forums where cowboy action shooting (and these shotguns) are popular.

Last Edited:
If this information wasn't disclosed when you purchased it, it probably has the original chamber. To verify you would need a chamber gauge or a gunsmith who has one. Using plastic hulled rounds won't rupture a barrel or cause an immediate catastrophic failure, but will cause greatly accelerated wear on the ejector and receiver.

From the 40s the throat is probably reamed for plastic shells, mine is. A paper shell throat looks like a rifle chamber, with a sharp shoulder to the barrel, plastic shell throats have a very gradual taper.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.