JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have some great AR plate made local and given to me from a very cool guy, that I still owe a target. At 3/16" thick, green tip 5.56 ammo only dimpled it at 20 yards. Way better than the last junk I paid for.

Good luck. It's right up my alley as a long time metal worker. :)

IMG_1335.JPG
Feel free to post up some rough costs here if you like :)

I've got a classified add with pics and all the dope.

$40 for a 12" 1/2" plate. $19 to ship one in a flat rate box. I think I can ship up to 3 in a box but I would charge an extra $10 shipping (to cover the metal box I put in the flat rate box so they will make it. The $10 just covers the cost of the material to build the box)

So, confirming a total of $59 for a 12" shipped?

Curious why you decided to protect AR500 steel in shipping? I will add that having had a metal target shipped to my previously, the flat rate box and packing take was enough, though i think they used two flat rate envelopes, they're only thin cardboard.

Honestly, i would investigate just using a corrugated surround before flat rate boxing it, it doesn't matter about the arrival condition of the box, it's literally sacrificial in shipping.

So, confirming a total of $59 for a 12" shipped?

Curious why you decided to protect AR500 steel in shipping? I will add that having had a metal target shipped to my previously, the flat rate box and packing take was enough, though i think they used two flat rate envelopes, they're only thin cardboard.

Honestly, i would investigate just using a corrugated surround before flat rate boxing it, it doesn't matter about the arrival condition of the box, it's literally sacrificial in shipping.

I'm protecting the box from the plates, not protecting the plates :D

And yes $59 shipped for one

I'm protecting the box from the plates, not protecting the plates :D

That's what i thought; i don't think you need to use metal for that, as i said, packing tape, or even "duck" tape crossed over the package will be enough, maybe use two flat rate boxes inside, or just use corrugated cardboard inside the flat rate, suffice i'd say.

I have shipped a lot of steel in flat rate boxes, maybe 5 ton worth 20-50 lbs at a time. Even with $5 worth of strapping tape they sometimes don't make it.

You put 60 pounds of steel in one no matter how it's packed or tapped there is about a 5% chance it won't make it, one out of 20 you have someone that is pissed and I am out $$$ to replace it.

It's a pain to do this but it also guarantees that if the box shows up the contents will still be in it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top