JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I would be happy to ship three targets in a box with no liner as long as you accept responsibility and the loss if they don't make it. I pack my stuff really well, but I still think it's a risk

No matter how well it's packed if it doesn't make it USPS will not honor a loss claim. Their position? Well obviously it was not packed well enough because the box did not survive

IMG_1350.JPG
If I wanted a custom shape what are the limitations of detail? Does it use a computer to cut like a plotter?

Well that is kind of a loaded question. With my table thickness has a lot to do with the limitations of detail. Something cut in 1/4" can have much more detail than something cut in 1/2"

What ever is cut has to be first generated either in CAD software or vector image program like Inkscape or Illustrator

I have other options to cut as well. I have a local friend with a waterjet table, however its all about run time and will likely cost double or triple what it would cost for me to cut it. I can also do high def plasma or laser cut parts shipped out of Salt Lake.

Here is a stencil I cut on my table out of 3/16" for my wife

Awesome thanks. I'm an industrial design major at school and I am always looking for different ways to make prototypes. I could just email you the .ai file. I will let you know when I need something cut. I will let my teachers know too and maybe get you some more work.

View attachment 376903

Well that is kind of a loaded question. With my table thickness has a lot to do with the limitations of detail. Something cut in 1/4" can have much more detail than something cut in 1/2"

What ever is cut has to be first generated either in CAD software or vector image program like Inkscape or Illustrator

I have other options to cut as well. I have a local friend with a waterjet table, however its all about run time and will likely cost double or triple what it would cost for me to cut it. I can also do high def plasma or laser cut parts shipped out of Salt Lake.

Here is a stencil I cut on my table out of 3/16" for my wife

Awesome thanks. I'm an industrial design major at school and I am always looking for different ways to make prototypes. I could just email you the .ai file. I will let you know when I need something cut. I will let my teachers know too and maybe get you some more work.

Sounds good but send it as a DXF or SVG if you can

I just bought a new $30k CNC plasma table and one of the things I hope to make are targets. I bought a 4'x8' sheet of 1/2" AR 500 and was going to make the whole thing into 12" sq gongs with two bolt holes in the upper corners to hang them. Cost would be $30 each which as far as I can tell is about 30% cheaper than what they are on line.

They should go in a medium flat rate box, probably ship 3 in a box

Probably cut the first batch later this week and I'll post pics then. Just wanted to get a feel for interest.

Also if you have any ideas about what would make good targets or want something custom let me know.
Sent this to my uncle. He lives in Filer and would be interested.

The one I loved was one night at work. Buyer of one of his gongs was showing a group shot with an AR 10 I think at like almost 500 yards. Nice group. Stomper of course commented "Pfffft, your 2 inches high and right". I started laughing and a co worker who was in the 101'st asked me what was so funny. When I showed him the comment said it was from a retired Marine he started laughing like hell too. Every time I see these mentioned now I keep thinking of that for some reason.

The one I loved was one night at work. Buyer of one of his gongs was showing a group shot with an AR 10 I think at like almost 500 yards. Nice group. Stomper of course commented "Pfffft, your 2 inches high and right". I started laughing and a co worker who was in the 101'st asked me what was so funny. When I showed him the comment said it was from a retired Marine he started laughing like hell too. Every time I see these mentioned now I keep thinking of that for some reason.

MARINE??!! Why I outta.... :s0109:

I was 8yrs Army, didn't retire... got smart and got out while I still had all my body parts!! Besides, you're only expected to live an average of 10yrs after retirement... you're pretty broke-down after 20+ continual years in the grunts.

BTW- he WAS 2" high and right! :s0108:

Anywho.... back on topic!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews