JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone in the valley (preferably close to Albany) cut or know someone who cuts steel targets? I need a small piece to make an armored box for my chrono, also will any thickness of AR500 steel even stop a rifle round at close range? I intend to mount at an angle so it's deflected into the dirt.

even 1/4" AR500 should deflect most rifle rounds at enough of an angle (It won't stop any probably shooting straight on though)

Any steel service center should be able to cut you a chunk but it probably won't be cheap. Most of the time you have to buy the chunk they are cutting it out of. Not so bad if they have a small drop but if all they have is a sheet it won't be pleasant

I had not thought to check local steel places, I assumed it was a specialty product. There is a steel place in Albany even, I will call them on Monday, thanks guys.

I had my targets cut from 1/4" AR500 and they handle everything. Although green tips do leave a slight indent.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top