JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These things happen. I will NOT tell you the time some old coot set his camo hunting rifle up against a tree because the old coot had to take a call of nature ... then he could find the rifle because it was camo. He did finally, but there was a point in time where panic began to sink in. Yikes!! :) :)

These things happen. I will NOT tell you the time some old coot set his camo hunting rifle up against a tree because the old coot had to take a call of nature ... then he could find the rifle because it was camo. He did finally, but there was a point in time where panic began to sink in. Yikes!! :) :)
This is why the gun stays in the holster while I "unholster" anything else. I don't need cammo to lose stuff. I can walk into a room and totally forget why I came there. Fortunately this usually happens at home. :)

It may have been stored/secured to Bureau SOP... which would indemnify him.

Either way it will probably be admitted or protected behind a union and nothing will ever happen.

Where the bubblegum is my union for negligence and lack of accountability?

LOL... don't forget that Seattle PD cruiser trucking around downtown a while back with their AR & kit still sittin' on top of the boot!
Burien PD/King County Sheriff lost an AR in a case from a cruiser when they stopped to deploy spike strips in a bad neighborhood in my area. Forgot to or didn't close the trunk all the way and his rifle case fell out. Someone called the Police to report a black bag had fallen out of the officers SUV but it was never recovered.
Burien Police seeking public's help locating missing semi-automatic rifle | The B-Town (Burien) Blog
UPDATE: Crime Stoppers offering $1,000 reward for return of missing police rifle | The B-Town (Burien) Blog

Weeeellllllll... maybe not so much as a, "rub their nose in it" affair as it would be a, "watching their back because sheite can happen during an operation and observing my civic duty"... kinda thing.

;)

Although I'd be giggling a bit... on the inside. :D

This is why the gun stays in the holster while I "unholster" anything else. I don't need cammo to lose stuff. I can walk into a room and totally forget why I came there. Fortunately this usually happens at home. :)

Ah, I feel your pain brother, we have "Sometimers".... I have the advanced stages since don't have to walk into a room to forget what I was doing while seated in the recliner......:eek::eek::eek:

Either way it will probably be admitted or protected behind a union and nothing will ever happen.
Where the bubblegum is my union for negligence and lack of accountability?

Actually all the alphabet agencies (FBI,CIA, Secret Service ETC) are considered "excepted service". They are not allowed to be represented by unions.

Burien PD/King County Sheriff lost an AR in a case from a cruiser when they stopped to deploy spike strips in a bad neighborhood in my area. Forgot to or didn't close the trunk all the way and his rifle case fell out. Someone called the Police to report a black bag had fallen out of the officers SUV but it was never recovered.
Burien Police seeking public's help locating missing semi-automatic rifle | The B-Town (Burien) Blog
UPDATE: Crime Stoppers offering $1,000 reward for return of missing police rifle | The B-Town (Burien) Blog
Turns out they had found the rifle but they are just getting around to charging the guy who had it. Definitely a strange story.

'Yeah, that's my rifle': A troubled man, a police chase in Burien and the mystery of a cop's lost AR-15

Or the agent that left his Glock on the toilet lid in the stall of a public restroom.

No nasty comments please. ;)
It wasn't long ago I think it was in kitsap County a police detective left his glock in the bathroom at Safeway some one turned it into the manager and the Cop returned with in a half hour to look for it lucky but who ever found it made sure to contact the media because it made the News

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top