JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What the heck makes this so pricey? Condition alone or is it rare in some manner I don't know about?
Hes claiming its "new old stock" and unfired.
Basically, if true, this is a brand new 1975 Marlin.....
And probably the last one left in this condition.....

Whoever that bidder is.. they are a heavy hitter in the lever action market... couple of $25k+ wins. All positive feedback so I assume he's legit. But damn I would not pay that much. I buy a gun with intent to use it.

Not a bit different than the percent of money that you and I spend on guns. Some people make an insane amount of money. I know plenty of people making 15 to 20k per month and a local guy who is pretty conservative makes $750,000 monthly, self made guy too. Yes, monthly right here in good ol boy clark county.

So if someone wants the be all end all lever gun collection then I say knock yourself out, this is America after all.

and a local guy who is pretty conservative makes $750,000 monthly, self made guy too. Yes, monthly right here in good ol boy clark county.
What does he do to 'make' this amount?

The ad title has me confused:

Marlin 336 20" Carbine 30-30 Minty from 1975 JM Proofed! Like Winchester 94

What does 'Like Winchester 94' mean ? The ad is for a Marlin - why the odd reference to WInchester?

Last Edited:
What does he do to 'make' this amount?

The ad title has me confused:

Marlin 336 20" Carbine 30-30 Minty from 1975 JM Proofed! Like Winchester 94

What does 'Like Winchester 94' mean ? The ad is for a Marlin - why the odd reference to WInchester?
My guess, seller is old school type D-bag that drops all the right keywords.

Armslist, Craigslist, Fleabay sellers that tag ar ak sig colt glock smith and wesson HK etc. For every utg accessory and Chinese red dot they list for sale.

How embarrassing... the seller's handle is Oregon Lumbarjack

Been watching this auction back when it was up to $1,800.... someone believes the Marlin 336 is the last one... it isn't.

I have a 1969, 336 with one round through it and then stored ever since. At $10K I can let it go for that... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SF-

I think if I put anything on Gunbroker, I'm going to add an extra zero to the price and see what happens.
Probably a good idea. I'd hate to list something similar as the 10K Marlin with no reserve only to have to accept maybe $1200 or so for it because my listing is 'legitimate'.

The description of this is really odd. It reads like it is being directed to complete imbeciles to guns such as:
Not made by Remington! Those "Remlins" came along much later after 2010.
Marlin is now out of business and this Model is no longer available and will never be made again.

Most experienced gun owners know this already. If there are some so naive who do NOT know this and are willing to shell out 10K without researching the market then so be it.

Probably a good idea. I'd hate to list something similar as the 10K Marlin with no reserve only to have to accept maybe $1200 or so for it because my listing is 'legitimate'.

The description of this is really odd. It reads like it is being directed to complete imbeciles to guns such as:
Not made by Remington! Those "Remlins" came along much later after 2010.
Marlin is now out of business and this Model is no longer available and will never be made again.

Most experienced gun owners know this already. If there are some so naive who do NOT know this and are willing to shell out 10K without researching the market then so be it.
It sounds like Tom Selleck hustling reverse mortgages.

It really didn't look all that mint to me. Minor scratches on metal and buttstock screws have some sort of goo all over them. Nevermind somebody added a cheap scope,-why?
Oh well, I hope he enjoys his new (used) gun.

I can see I am not alone in my opinion. Thanks for chiming in. I am now going to list my minty excellent, not made anymore, Ruger mark II for 20,000.

It really didn't look all that mint to me. Minor scratches on metal and buttstock screws have some sort of goo all over them. Nevermind somebody added a cheap scope,-why?
Oh well, I hope he enjoys his new (used) gun.

I can see I am not alone in my opinion. Thanks for chiming in. I am now going to list my minty excellent, not made anymore, Ruger mark II for 20,000.
You could make a killing on out of print Rugers.
They make something for a few years and then they dismantle the equipment and bury the shop drawings out back.

I started watching this because a 336 was my first rifle. What the heck makes this so pricey? Condition alone or is it rare in some manner I don't know about?
137 bids, wow!

PS I know some folks have more money than brains, and there are a lot of better values for $10k.

If you bought that 336 for $10k, the only thing you're missing is….. $9k

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads