Zev OZ9 short review

Reactions
Spiffy gun. Would be a cool addition when I can justify the price. It sounds like they plucked some of the best qualities from other guns, melded into a basic Glock style platform and poof - Zevtastic plastic fantastic. With the 1911 grip angle, how does it compare to the M&P, which shares the same grip angle?

Spiffy gun. Would be a cool addition when I can justify the price. It sounds like they plucked some of the best qualities from other guns, melded into a basic Glock style platform and poof - Zevtastic plastic fantastic. With the 1911 grip angle, how does it compare to the M&P, which shares the same grip angle?
Well, I’ve never put too much into grip angles. I mean, the Ruger MK series has a crazy extreme grip angle and a Kahr is almost 90 degrees. Yet nobody says anything about them. But Glock for some reason has a grip angle people like to complain about. That said, I shot the group in my first post from the first mag I ever put through it. And I have 10’s of thousands through Glocks. Some say tomato, I say pluck it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions
Well, I’ve never put too much into grip angles. I mean, the Ruger MK series has a crazy extreme grip angle and a Kahr is almost 90 degrees. Yet nobody says anything about them. But Glock for some reason has a grip angle people like to complain about. That said, I shot the group in my first post from the first mag I ever put through it. And I have 10’s of thousands through Glocks. Some say tomato, I say pluck it. :D
I think grip angle can be easily overcome thru training, but there is such a thing as a natural point of aim. If you make a fist, point your index finger like its a gun, and bring it up to your eye - a gun that has a similar grip angle will probably tend to be on target and return to target with less effort than one with a radically different angle. That was demonstrated to me eons ago the first time I shot a qualification course back when I was doing security work. My instructor had me try a couple different guns - a Glock (mine), and a Sig (or maybe it was a Ruger - hammer fired double action is what I remember most) and with eyes closed, two handed grip, gun down range, he wiggled my hands in a circle, let go, and had me see where the natural resting point was. The Glock was a bit high on the target vs the Sig. Its a problem that can be solved with enough range time, but it could also be that once you're very experienced, or you're brand new - the angle of the dangle can aid or hinder success.

Good points. Get it? :s0140:

I'm going to get the RMR mounted today probably then I'll post a couple more photos of it broken down to show the modular frame. :cool:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Service
    Steve is an excellent guy to deal with. After looking at some Form 4 items at another dealer who didnt seem interested in my money, i emailed...
Top Bottom