JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a freebie..... Sell the sizzle, not the steak.

Rock salt coated picanha, trimmed and crosshatched fat cap, smoked and seared fat side down. Incredibly juicy, fall apart tender, and comes with its own bacon wrap naturally. Served with chimichuri and pao de queijo.

How'd I do?

The grip angle on the Zev is the same as a 1911. It's also less blocky and has the trigger guard undercut. The stippling is very different too. What can I say, It does NOT feel like a Glock at all.
My interest has been peaked. Let me know if your hands get tired going for that thousand round review :D

My interest has been peaked. Let me know if your hands get tired going for that thousand round review :D

Will do.

Honestly speaking, I would sell ALL of my Glocks before this Zev. It really is that good (to me anyway).

I just edited my OP. I forgot to mention the trigger!

Ah, the trigger......it's scary good for a striker fired gun. So smooth, light, no grit, excellent reset. It's a pleasure to shoot!

Another crucial piece missing.

What's its use?

Competition, carry gun, bling, safe queen?

I know it's personal, but this is a review post, if you just wanted to show it off, that's cool too.

I'm seriously interested in seeing it get a couple thousand through it. My interest in these would increase if I knew of someone shooting it more than a few hundred and that's it. I've got a Gen 2 17 that's got at least 25000 rounds through it by myself alone. Not sure how many before I got my fingers on it! It's got all factory trigger components too. So that shows the designs longevity if you ask me. Then there is my CMMG 9mm carbine, Which is going near 15000. I love it, but like this pistol, it was expensive. To have a small part fail on it, as mine has already (and is always going to fail after 5-10 thousand) is a bit of a disappointment.

Look forward to seeing some more pictures and more opinion on your new pistol J.

It's use will be pretty much everything you listed. I'm going to try my hand at some matches soon, I already have my order in for a IWB holster and of course it will see lots of range use. No safe queen though, Imma shoot the sh!t out of it. :D

Ya, I would say IDPA would be a great start if getting into competition. More "real life" type competition. Not always a ton of moving around. Sometimes malfunctions are purposely introduced. Almost like taking a combat pistol class. Not exactly a training class though, so you don't have to be too overly serious like one would in a pistol combat class. You can go slow, enjoy the day, BS, and shoot scenarios without an instructor criticizing your moves etc.

Speed steel is another slower pace discipline that is highly enjoyable, but definitely worthy of a pistol like this one.

USPSA is more movement and can be much faster paced. But still very enjoyable. It's not exactly the first discipline I'd recommend, as one needs to learn all the safety procedures and master those before you can start going fast.

Eh, I don't mind those so much until they get divisive. I love to discuss ideas and some of them have had some good conversation before the inevitable devolution.

As for the gun, I always thought of Zev as a higher quality, but still knockoff, Glock. I'm glad to see that I was wrong.

Does the grip allow you to get higher on the gun or did they just change the angle? I'm confused on the fit comment - I thought part of Glock's ability to "just work" was the relative give in the fit. If they brought it together like a solid 1911, wouldn't that reliability be affected? (Note I have about zero experience with Glock. Glock noob here. Glooob?)
The grip angle on the Zev is the same as a 1911. It's also less blocky and has the trigger guard undercut. The stippling is very different too. What can I say, It does NOT feel like a Glock at all.

Same basic design as Glock or did they change it up?

It also has a more modular design similar to the Sig 320.

Do many parts interchange?

This would be a big deal for me, one of big reasons I tick with Glock is all the mags, holsters and parts I've accumulated.

I think a few. The barrel and maybe some internals. But the slide and lower will not interchange from what I've experienced.

I want to meet the person to has that LV set up or a gucci one for that matter and slap them.

They probably have a Hi Point in it.

For the Zev, sweet looking gun, and I'm glad it operates like a Zev pistol should. I saw thwm a while back and wondered if it was worth the hype

Update:

I bought an RMR and found out from trying to mount it that one of the posts that the screws thread into is broken off. I called Zev and they emailed me a shipping label. They are going to replace the slide. Hopefully it's a quick turn around. I still recommend them 100%. Stuff happens and as long as they make it right I'm good. I'm even considering a OZ9 Competition but it's gonna have to wait a while.......:(

Cool write up, I'd too be interested in seeing more pics of it Torn down.
Did you take to shooting it right away, I ask because grip angle can be tough to get over if your used to only one type.

Cool write up, I'd too be interested in seeing more pics of it Torn down.
Did you take to shooting it right away, I ask because grip angle can be tough to get over if your used to only one type.

I did. And the grip angle was just fine. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top