Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube Login woes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 3MTA3, Jun 14, 2013.

1. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Wondering if any of you experienced this and if so did you get it resolved?

I had to create a gmail account for a new smart phone for my wife. I used my normal email account as the account for password resets. Ever since then I can't log into YouTube unless I use the gmail account. If I try to use the other account it forces me to use gmail. I don't really give a rip, except I've effectively lost all the channels I subscribed to.

BTW - Google bought YouTube a while back so they are now one happy family (this is sarcasm)

2. JVK

JVK West Active Member

Sounds like it merged the accounts, they've been nagging at me about this for quite a while. No idea on how to undo it. Buried in youtube account settings somewhere maybe.

"Change which Google Account is linked to this account " i see this under "advanced" under account settings on youtube. Her phone probly needs its own gmail account.

https://www.youtube.com/account_advanced

https://www.youtube.com/my_account_unlink

3. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I bet you can find a tutorial on youtube about this. :D

4. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

JVK - thanks for your response, that sounds like it. I remember being asked the question in a dialog and I selected "no", but sometimes "no" means "yes", so I probably screwed myself.

ROTFLMAO - I fell right into that!