JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last time I made the dreadful trip to the DMV, you either had to show your Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Military ID or Passport. Supposedly, the reason they gave me was that they wanted to identify and keep illegal aliens from getting a state drivers license which now makes no sense since didn't our enlightened governor make a provision for getting illegals drivers licenses?????

BTW, a drivers license is the gateway to getting a job. Most places require a license for employment ( if you are a legal, tax paying business that is)

I wonder if the illegals are aware what is coming, in that I don't think they could get a driver's license based on the new requirements.

Peter

They forge everything else, and if they dont they will have some gov flunky do it for them :-/

Did they make you show extra paperwork or had they done that before.
I spoke with some folks that had licenses for decades that had to suddenly produce their BC..
That surprised me a bit.

I just renewed mine in November and had to show my birth certificates (both Hawaiian and Kenyan) Oddly enough, the gal renewed my CDL without any medical cert. It was like she could care less. Not surprising considering the usual apathetic behavior of our state employees.

Isn't this what many of you called for in order to prevent the illegals getting drivers licenses, welfare, etc.? I detest the fact that I must resupply the DMV with a small booklet of identification everytime I renew my license; the same number I was issued in 1973. Once upon a time they would just mail it to me but now I have to run the same gauntlet every few years and prove again that I am me.

Those who screamed for this got it and now they complain.

As the old saw goes: "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it."

Did they make you show extra paperwork or had they done that before.
I spoke with some folks that had licenses for decades that had to suddenly produce their BC..
That surprised me a bit.

There was a couple there before me who had been in to renew earlier in the week. They had a copy of a birth certificate, which used to be just fine. Not any more. The BC has to have the embossed hospital seal on it to be accepted.

Isn't this what many of you called for in order to prevent the illegals getting drivers licenses, welfare, etc.? I detest the fact that I must resupply the DMV with a small booklet of identification everytime I renew my license; the same number I was issued in 1973. Once upon a time they would just mail it to me but now I have to run the same gauntlet every few years and prove again that I am me.

Those who screamed for this got it and now they complain.

As the old saw goes: "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it."

No, people asked for common sense.
When jose gonzales miguela sanchez uses the name Patrick Murphy some ID should be asked for. Figuratively describing. But what will be the norm is the real Patrick Murphy will have to prove themselves and jose will still get a free pass. That is not what was asked for.

Submit a UA to get Food Stamps, provide ID to vote, submit reams of paper to renew your ID every 2 years...This is what was asked for, this is what we've got. All supposedly to "prevent fraud" when all data points to the fact that instances of fraud in these cases is negligible. Yet it's the law abiding American who gets caught up in the net, not the criminals. (sound familiar?) Guilty until proven innocent has become the norm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top