Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Your not and Americam if you don't love this !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fredball, Nov 25, 2012.

1. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

make sure to turn up the Volume

I'm and Aircraft lover and this is too good not to share.

Click here: Biertijd.com // Media » Top 10 Low Pass Flyby's Of All Time

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Double fail!

3. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

If you don't know the difference between "and" and "an"....and you can't spell "American".

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Some help from a fellow Americam that believes we glorify war and weapons of war way too much and don't consider how these killing machines are being used against innocents around the world. That said, the little kid in me loves stuff like this -

[video=youtube;7Dr2ZB36p9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dr2ZB36p9Y[/video]

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Probably the lowest flyby ever (turn down your speakers) - freeze at 00:21 and you'll see the jet is only about 3' off the ground.

[video=youtube;hgkZSpJ0vFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgkZSpJ0vFQ[/video]

6. safetyman

safetyman Clark County, WA Active Member

I would consider these a list of great low-pass fly bys. I would venture a guess that the 10 greatest flybys of all-time were not caught on video. Awesome video clips.

7. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

Yea, but nothing beats a low pass of a piston engine!

[video=youtube;hvDDDKnNhuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvDDDKnNhuE[/video]

8. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

[video=youtube;yrDWYOlLA-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrDWYOlLA-w[/video]

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  9. 4NONISSUE

4NONISSUE south sound Member

Well if that don't blow your skirt up, hitting the deck would show your arse!

10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

P-51C on and the Supermarine Spirtfire had the same Rolls Royce Merlin engine (granted slight variations). And neither could have gotten much lower or they would have been plowing the field them HUGE paddle blade props didn't like touching dirt.

11. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Where's the SR71 flybys.
    I read stories of the SR71s doing fly bys to hold off the enemy while they were waiting for air support. I'm sure old charlie crapped his drawers thinking God himself was yelling at them

12. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Or you could wait till 00:27 for the freeze frame.

13. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Weapons can be used for good and for evil.. unfortunately for many decades we have generally used the most effective weapons of war for outright evil. My ancestors built this nation and must be turning over in their graves now

14. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Really an Aircraft thats flight envelope normally involves speeds over Mach 3.3 at altitudes of 80,000 ft would do a fly by? I seriously doubt it for one how would they even have a clue something was goin on on the ground as the over flew it at 2,200 mph? by the time they saw anything (not like they could from their normal flight altitude anyway which would be 15 miles from the ground) they would be way to far away to even bother. The SR-71 Blackbird travels at 36 miles a minute by the time they reacted then slowed down enough to make a 180 degree turn made the turn and then flew the 100-200 miles back and dropped 80,000 ft to the deck Yea I hardly see that happening. Not to mention the SR-71 Blackbird on a mission did not have fuel allowances for farting around.