JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Those who have purchased a AR or AK or similar rifle in Thurston county in 2023, how long was your waiting period? As I understand it the wait is either however long it takes them to approve it, or if no action is taken, you can pick it up on the 10th day at a time later than it was submitted. If this is so, is the county approving these purchases before 10 days? Or just letting the 10-day clock run out unless they have some reason to deny it or tag it for further review?

Has anyone experienced a shorter than 10 day approval?

I wonder if the pending legislation has slowed the process?

Are you implying the state patrol would be slow walking approvals on items they know will be contraband in several weeks?

tempImageh4cdGc.png

If you buy a complete semi auto rifle in Washington, and not just the receiver, then it is a mandatory 10 business day wait. It is not the same rule as pistol purchases.

If you buy a complete semi auto rifle in Washington, and not just the receiver, then it is a mandatory 10 business day wait. It is not the same rule as pistol purchases.
Part of that question he was asking though can you pick it up in 10 days if they fail to fully process the background check completely in 10 business days.
I believe the answer is yes you can pick it up on the 10th business day from the FFL's. I have however had several FFL's make me pick it up on the 11th business day because it says 10 business day's in the law I guess I call that. If that falls on a Saturday that means Monday you can pick it up.
So stupid saving lives here, more like Endangering lives because people can't defend themselves if need be.

Part of that question he was asking though can you pick it up in 10 days if they fail to fully process the background check completely in 10 business days.
I believe the answer is yes you can pick it up on the 10th business day from the FFL's. I have however had several FFL's make me pick it up on the 11th business day because it says 10 business day's in the law I guess I call that. If that falls on a Saturday that means Monday you can pick it up.
So stupid saving lives here, more like Endangering lives because people can't defend themselves if need be.
Your post and User 1234 confirmed what I thought - thank you. Last year Cabella's allowed a pickup 10 days plus one hour. I think this recent dealer said LATE on the 10th day. But it is 10 BUSINESS days, which can unfortunately stretch to 14 calendar days.

I am sure there are a lot of people sweating out that 10 day period right now.

I wrote to my Senator (Drew MacEwen) and he replied that he is definitely opposing the bill. I wonder if anyone has asked or is working on getting at least one Senator to agree that if the bill looks like it might pass on an initial vote, to propose some amendments which would at least require debate and slow down the bill, to allow time for some last-minute purchases?

I'm in unincorporated king county my Senators doesn't reply to me and not I'm rude about it at all patty Murray and Maria Cantwell just blow so there that.

Your post and User 1234 confirmed what I thought - thank you. Last year Cabella's allowed a pickup 10 days plus one hour. I think this recent dealer said LATE on the 10th day. But it is 10 BUSINESS days, which can unfortunately stretch to 14 calendar days.

I am sure there are a lot of people sweating out that 10 day period right now.

I wrote to my Senator (Drew MacEwen) and he replied that he is definitely opposing the bill. I wonder if anyone has asked or is working on getting at least one Senator to agree that if the bill looks like it might pass on an initial vote, to propose some amendments which would at least require debate and slow down the bill, to allow time for some last-minute purchases?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top