JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have noticed more then a few times in the clasifieds were sellers are getting there panties in a bunch over valid questions. I asked a question a few months back about some parts on a gun that was said to be all stock I hadnt seen them like that before and posted a question after a nasty P.M. he replied in the add about how stupid I was was and how the guy who bought it and he were laughing at me. No big deal to me but I see this kind of thing growing here like how dare you question my add. you guys need to take a deep breath and chill what harm is it to answer it even if it seems like a question that everyone should know. Some guys didnt grow up around guns and are new to this stuff if you want to keep your guns and shooting sports it would be good to help new people along this kind of you should allready know this stuff will only hurt us as gun owners and this site as people will turn away.. Rant over

I am fairly new to this forum, but I agree. I've seen some folks get WAY too exercised over what appears to be legitimate questions. I don't want this to turn into Mr Roger's neighborhood, but some folks need to take a chill.

PEACE!!!

Probably the same guys who got all ticked off about people commenting on the prices in their ads. I've certainly seen a couple of "what the $#@%" prices and managed to just keep on looking. Sometimes I think it's people just not knowing what something is worth, and other times it's people trying to gouge uninformed gun buyers.

I belong to a Mopar forum that has a "What's it worth" forum that is pretty good to get an idea of what something goes for. Of course it might be a little awkward when someone is selling a Remington Blah blah for $500 and someone posts "How much is a Remington Blah Blah Blah worth?"

Anyways, it is kind of crappy for someone to go out of their way to PM and tell you what a stupid question you had.

Eddie

Well, I think alot of people that have found this forum recently have different objectives than the site was originally set for. Joey indicated that he planned this site for people to get together that were like minded in a positive image of gun ownership.

But, it has become the joeyslist for gun trading.... it has spun out of control now for the most part the only people posting are the gun traders/sellers that are trying to pay the rent by selling things.

Well, I think alot of people that have found this forum recently have different objectives than the site was originally set for. Joey indicated that he planned this site for people to get together that were like minded in a positive image of gun ownership.

But, it has become the joeyslist for gun trading.... it has spun out of control now for the most part the only people posting are the gun traders/sellers that are trying to pay the rent by selling things.

I thin you maybe right ...

I do sell things on here, but also try to give input and have some fun talking and chatting about my hobby. I think one thing that might be good if it is possible is to have the classifieds stay in the classifieds and maybe not post to the front page. That way it doesn't take up all the space on the main page and crowd out the real reason that we are here.

Is that even possible?

I don't think that's the point. The point for me is that in the beginning this site's purpose was not for selling and the people on it wanted to have a site where we wanted to promote our sport/hobby/ etc. Now, its simply a nickel saver. Sad part is Joey doesn't seem to mind even though the promotion of the sport was his idea. It's sad when even his own admin is involved. I think it says a lot when supporting vendors are also admin for the site and some of the highest for sale posters. FWIW

Hello,
I personally was a member of a forum that was very gentlemanly, polite, informative and helpful. We had a rule that seller posts required a user to have IIRC 25 regular posts, to prevent people dropping in just to sell of item, seemed to work. Sure hadn't seen the dissension in the WTB/WTT area. It was policed tightly to maintain the goal that you could let your young kid get on without him being exposed to rude or incorrect behavior. I mean, we represent what people especially what anti-gunners see and absorb of what they believe gun people are all about. Ask yourself, do you represent a law abiding next door kind of friendly normal person or a nut job that is rude and has no control over their libido and rambo ideas? Some of the avatars and thread title selections IMHO are offensive. This is the USA but you shouldn't urinate in your own pool.
As an aside I was permantly banned from that forum for posting polls about quantities of quality issues with Colt firearms. Things got insulting and the jackboots appeared. So feel lucky, that this is not just a social club but an information center.
IMHO
rhtwist

I dont really see the problem with an active classifieds section...

Of course, I am biased as I have a lot of items for sale here. I have found it to be a great place to meet local gun owners for buying/selling/trading.

I have never had a deal go bad, and have met a lot of good people.

There are some dickheads that are obviously going to BiMart and buying up bulk packs of whatever they can find and then sell them online for %25 profit. These guys are easy to spot, although it is not long before it is all sold. So whats the problem?

Buying local helps out fellow gun owners who are having to sell their stuff just to get by in these hard times, it also means good deal for those who are looking to buy. Not having to pay shipping and not having to pay the $10 either is nice. And in the process its a chance to network with other members for gun related and non gun related purposes.
This site has been a valuable resource for many of us. WHY is there a problem?

Since I have joined I have seen the Classifieds be an issue for one reason or another, in this time though, I have never experienced any of the complaints that people have had.

The real whiners are the ones who complain about the classifieds... DONT READ THEM!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top