JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if there is a market for portable laser engraver to help prevent cat thefts.

Pretty much a waste of time. The people buying these CAT's know full well they are buying stolen stuff. Police when they find scum with stolen CAT's could mostly care less as the courts have told them they are not interested. So chance of getting your CAT back after it was cut off? Slim at best. :s0117:

I think it is like a $10k fine for altering an emission system if you do it to your own car. Some tweeker does it and they let them go a hour later.

In Portland, I heard you shouldn't call 911 unless someone is getting killed or whatever.…. Something serious. Last week my gf noticed some suspicious activity and it led to an elderly male, confused, in the middle of traffic. She called 911 and no one ever showed up.

Pretty soon, guys like this thief will become flower pushers. When you call police and they say they can't come, you think the thief will stand a chance?
For the record, I am against violence and evil. But there is a limit and people will cross the line as they chose not to put up with anymore BS.
A lot of people work hard for what they have and earned.They will not tolerate any crap and will put a stop to it, on their own.

I put something called a "Cat Shield" on my new hybrid. It's not impervious, but it would hopefully be more work than a lazy thief would want to deal with. About $220 for the stainless version, @$25 for a nutsert tool to insert 2 threaded fasteners into my car frame, and 2 hours of my time. Cheaper than the $2000 replacement. I might be covered by insurance, but I still have a $500 deductible. Best part for me, I sleep better. Use to wake up at odd hours and patrol.

https://catshield.com/

I put something called a "Cat Shield" on my new hybrid. It's not impervious, but it would hopefully be more work than a lazy thief would want to deal with. About $220 for the stainless version, @$25 for a nutsert tool to insert 2 threaded fasteners into my car frame, and 2 hours of my time. Cheaper than the $2000 replacement. I might be covered by insurance, but I still have a $500 deductible. Best part for me, I sleep better. Use to wake up at odd hours and patrol.

https://catshield.com/
I have thought REAL hard about these kind of things. One vehicle has two damn converts on it. Want to get new better sounding pipes anyway. When we do will ask about having a shield put on the converters. As with any safe the idea is make yours a little harder so they will hopefully just move on to an easier one. Another big problem showing up again now is the scum stealing gas. Drill a hole in the tank to take a gallon and let the rest run out on the ground. Soon places should be offering to put some kind of shield over the damn tanks too. Someone is going to set one of these scum on fire when they catch them.

IMG_6261.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top