Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

YES! Please tell me what is best for me to watch on TV.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by trainsktg, Nov 17, 2010.

1. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

2. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

It does need an explanation, one given in the cite, I get it and I agree, news networks that exist just to sell soap while spreading biased BS aren't doing us any good. That being said, He is not really suggesting that they be removed, the FCC would never do that anyway, it would be a major first ammendment legal nightmare.

3. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I think you should watch Top Gear. :)

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Yes the British version though, I have feeling the new US Top Gear will be a Flop Gear.

BTW, I can see Rockafellers point and I agree pundits are getting people all fired up, from the left MSNBC and the right FOX are doing more harm than good, that's why I refuse to watch either.

Neither side are giving a sane picture of the political problem when they give there side a free pass on the same thing they run their opponents through the mud for.

If you lined up Beck, Madcow and Obenfuror on the firing line it would honestly be a positive action for the good of the country, all they do it sling hate and build a huge constituency of hateful people.

5. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

No one is pointing a gun at their head telling them they have to watch that bubblegum...

No sense in regulating common sense. If people cannot tell that what they get from either of those two sources is heavily biased one way or the other, they deserve whatever crap they're fed...

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Oh I agree but I still see and agree with his point though.

7. andy*

andy* Everson Wa Member

I learned one thing while watching T.V., never get on a boat if the first mate is named Gilligan... Andy

8. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Actually I haven't watched network of cable TV for a decade, maybe more, so it doesn't affect me.

The issue of what Rockafeller boils down to is: I want to decide what is good for YOU to watch. What's next...violent movies, talk radio?

Keith

9. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

I'm still bummed out that Dr. Ruth isn't on any more.

10. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

One of the only shows I do watch, well. used to. haven't had time as of late.

11. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

+1, It would be nice to get the news without a particular spin being added but I would be lying if I didn't fess up to watching both Fox and MSNBC all the time.

Additionally, I watched a brief sound bite of Mr. Rockafeller's(sp) statement and what it appeared to me he was merely expressing his displeasure with how the cable news channel's left the "news" business along time ago rather than making an actual proposition for certain channels to be banned.

12. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Does this go back to us not taking responsibility for our actions?

Isn't it OUR job as a person to filter out and use our own common sense to take in and .... wait for it..... filter what the media says?

I guess blaming the media outlets makes us ok with being sheep.