JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought it might be interesting to start a thread for people to post their Springfield XDS recall timetable. Give others, who may not have yet sent theirs in, an idea of how long we go missing our beloved XDS. I'll start.

Shipped: 08/30

Springfield recieved : 09/03 (it was over a 3 day weekend)

Both of mine arrived there Sep5. Hoping for a quick turnaround :) My wife had to call when she was boxing them up and was told it is a 2-4 week turnaround. Sure would be nice if they throw in a mag or two for the inconveinience like Ruger did when the LCPs were recalled.

Is that the deal where they ask you to do a check and if it fails and or you can't do it, to send it in for them to check?

No this is the recall based on serial numbers. Though when I spoke to Springfield on the phone they said they recalled ALL the XDS's. The Shield is the recall that involves performing a test on your gun.

So just walk into fed x with the gun to ship? Seems weird?
What's weird about it? It is completely on the up and up. They email you a label. You print it. You box up your XDs making sure it is unloaded. You tape the label to the box. You go to a FedEx WORLD SHIPPING CENTER - not a FedEx Kinkos, not a contracted seller, but a FedEx staffed World Shipping Center and you hand it to them and state, "this is a firearm going back to the manufacturer for repair." Quick, simple and quite legal and the employees there should know their own policies which allow for this.

It was a bit weird just walking in to ship mine, first time doing so. I had mine in a cheap nylon padded pistol cases. The shop owner was cool, packed it in a box with foam peanuts, we were talking the whole time, about where I worked, what kind of pistol it was, him wanting to get his chl. IT was kinda strange, but great.

ll you have to do is go to a authorized shipper and you are good to go.

So far not that happy with it all, i have been waiting to get a hold of them. or them to contact me for a shipping label. it has been 2 weeks and it even says they are sending me one?... i thought that they would have emailed me or something?.. and i have left about 5 phone calls and one email with no returned calls. so far disappointed.!:(....

So far not that happy with it all, i have been waiting to get a hold of them. or them to contact me for a shipping label. it has been 2 weeks and it even says they are sending me one?... i thought that they would have emailed me or something?.. and i have left about 5 phone calls and one email with no returned calls. so far disappointed.!:(....
Weird. I went to the special link, filled out the information, and had a FedEx label in my email within about 10 minutes.

maybe they made a mistake or maybe i did and it was a bad email.

That's weird. I had a little hiccup initially as well, but they were real quick to resolve it. There server crashed from all the online entries and I had to call the next day to get my recall issue fixed. I left a message and was called back within 2 hours. The tech e-mailed me the fedex label while I was on the phone with him.

I shipped mine 9/2 and it is not back yet.

Perhaps they know who I am. Burt Gummer of NWFA. Worshipped, adored, praised with compliments, admired, et al.

My XDS is being chromed - that is it. Or perhaps 'accurized' when they realized who I am. I did put a note in there though - 'Please do not worship me for I am only a man ... and make it snappy."

That's weird. I had a little hiccup initially as well, but they were real quick to resolve it. There server crashed from all the online entries and I had to call the next day to get my recall issue fixed. I left a message and was called back within 2 hours. The tech e-mailed me the fedex label while I was on the phone with him.
i had a bad email and it was re emailed and i have it packed and ready to go. ships out in the a.m.:) i got through around lunchtime and talked with customer service.

Like most I was quick to return it, I did use the original case to ship it as that is what FexEx said would work better. Arrived 9-3-2013.

I called them last week and the customer service lady told me they are quoting 30 day turnaround from when they receive to when they ship back out.
Hopefully they are padding the time frame a little and it comes back sooner but not getting my hopes up.

Perhaps they know who I am. Burt Gummer of NWFA. Worshipped, adored, praised with compliments, admired, et al.

Bert, I don't always agree with you, but I enjoy your points of view and especially your sense of humor. You da man!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top