JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still not here. Diamonds being added? Who knows.

Elvtwn - thanks!

I was in a big Samsung technical meeting yesterday morning as it was boring as heck. So to pass the time I kept taking my black sharpie and writing on a co-workers bare arm sitting in front of me. The guy is a spaz and total OCD, type-A. A friend of mine for 20+ years.

When asked a question he was very flustered and distracted and said "I am sorry, but I missed the question because someone keeps writing tic, tac, toe on my arm in ink here." LOL There were about six or so people at the conference of 100 or so that know me and they immediately started cracking up laughing. I kept a complete stone serious poker face and would not relent in any way. The crowd assumed it was a younger kid next to me that was doing it. Even the presenter was laughing (he knows me also and surely knew that it was me).

Life is just too short to allow one day to pass without some laughter. We take ourselves way too serious.

I've heard that they are running 8-12 weeks on turning them around.

Hopefully it's good news but i'm pretty sure it's not going to be good.

Need to send mine in but damn 2-3 months is way to long.

I've heard that they are running 8-12 weeks on turning them around.

Hopefully it's good news but i'm pretty sure it's not going to be good.

Need to send mine in but damn 2-3 months is way to long.

How would anyone actually know outside of Springfield, the recall hasn't been out that long.

Springfield UPDATE: Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall FAQ will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We also understand your frustration with our lack of follow-up communication to this point and we are committing to you now that we will provide regular updates going forward.

We originally estimated a 30-day turn-around time, but it has unfortunately taken longer to develop and identify an upgrade solution. Please know that we are continuing to test potential upgrade solutions at this time and we have been doing so since we became aware of this issue. This testing is nearing completion and we will post any new updates as soon as we have identified a final upgrade solution. We will post our next update no later than Friday, October 4, and we will communicate immediately if a final solution is identified prior to that date. We wish that we could provide you with a specific return date at this time, but we are unfortunately unable to do so. Upgrades will be completed on a "first come / first served" basis.

So apparently Springfield initiated the recall before they had developed a plan of action. They better include some great swag or coupons for this bubblegum mess they made.

Last Edited:
I just got off the phone with a Springfield Customer Service Supervisor (9/27/13). I was told that they decided to issue the recall prior to having a "fix" in place. She said it was for consumer safety, but since they didn't specify up front there was no repair in place, so the gun owner could determing when to send in a gun, it smacks simply of corporate protection. It also smells like Big Brotherism, that "we will hold your defective guns" until a solution is found. I have a perfectly good shelf where my gun would have been just fine. If this is their first recall (as was told), it could be their last as it is very damaging to a company's reputation, to conduct business like this. She also said updates are posted every Friday on their site Springfield Armory ReCall Registration
I am NOT happy.

I agree this whole thing stinks, but in defense of Springfield they admitted there was an issue. They want to fix things. But if they get your pistol, then send it back not fixed and it fails and harms someone they are liable. Can't blame them for not wanting to return them unfixed.

Of course, I'm pissed because I'm sure this whole thing is delaying the introduction of the 40 S&W XD-S!

I'm mostly annoyed in that I was led to believe Springfield had already identified the problem and had a solution in place. They went to all the trouble of putting a picture up showing a grip safety "after recall" that contained the roll pin. I don't like being deceived, whether they feel it was for my own safety or not.

Well they did say that they have identified a fix, but they are testing the fix to be sure. As long as it's there I want them to be sure. I was carrying that one every day in my pocket and felt safe, but I want to BE safe not just feel that way. I do think that this recall served the CYA side of Springfield more than it served me and certainly I was under the impression that they already had a solution when I sent it in. The fact that it has been there sitting for over a month does stick in my craw. I am now concerned over the quality of the fix and workmanship if they are in a big hurry. I don't like the way this is going so far, but I do want it fixed and fixed right.

Coming up on five weeks for me. A little disappointing I must say. I would be happy with a 100% fix though and if that means a long wait so be it.

It would show a little class on their part if they threw in a magazine or some sort of consolation prize for the long wait.

Luckily, I own two (LOL) handguns so the wait isn't really too bad.

Well if you ever want to sell it I would. An XDS that hasn't gone through the process wouldn't be a hot seller (just imo).

No I'm going to send it in, just not sure if I want to ship it off with no planned return date. Worst case they'll just have to reissue the Fedex call tag and i'll ship it off at a later date.

The only good to come out of this for me is i'm carrying my S&W Shield more, although the XDS is my favorite of the two.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top