JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I seriously doubt I'll ever buy from them again. Fortunately, I do have several carry guns. I'm just trying to not think about it and when it comes back, it comes back. Still sucks though.

-- Bob

Springfield Armory update 10/09/2013

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

XD-S™ Upgrade Testing Very Near Completion

We last updated this site Friday, October 4, with the good news that we have found what we believe is the final solution for the XD-S™ upgrade and that we would be continuing exhaustive testing through the week.

We are very pleased to let you know that a large majority of the testing is complete and is going extremely well. We believe we are very close to being able to give our valued customers more specific information about when they can expect their XD-S™ pistols to be returned to them.

We will update this site again on Friday, October 11 and fully expect that we will have more great news to share. We are making final arrangements for upgrading the pistols that our customers returned to us.

In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®. We remain fully committed to resolving this recall as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

I am curious how much difference, if any, people will notice in feel and trigger pull/reset since so much is getting replaced. I didn't see anything on the recall update about the swag they are sending me.:huh: Guess they want it to be a surprise. Hope it comes in gift wrap and a bow, I like bows. :p

That is really great news.

Now the problem is being home for the Fedex return and the notes on the door that say 'we tried'. Strike three and you are out. Maybe I'll get them to leave it at the Fedex store.

BTW, nothing sucks worse than buying a $10 item online to have some asshat seller send it sig required! Ask me how I know. Or worse yet, USPS where they make you go to your nearest post office for the pick up. A while back I had to do that - waiting in line for 15 mins - and it was a SPAM mortgage offer. Damn! I was so po'd.

(rant over!)

looks like good news??? UPDATE

Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

SA armory also told me that I would get MINE back first!!!

:s0152::s0152::s0152::s0152::s0152:

Actually you are first after me! I already have two extended mags and now it looks like I will have another. Boarder4 life doesn't get one, he gets a lump of coal. Return shipping starts in two weeks and I should have my Super tuck about then too.

just got an email, its a fix!!! parts ordered next week and they will start sending them out starting the 21st!!! I sure hope they had something for the trouble? any thoughts.?

Yes they DID say they are sending everyone a seven round magazine and that it will be two weeks before I get mine. I am happy so far as this caused me to get familiar with my LC9 again and I bought a J frame model 637 "Deep Cover" to fill in.... and since the XD-S was my only .45 and I had ammo for it I bought a Ruger SR-1911, that wasn't really a concealment gun and so it made sense in a odd sort of way to buy a 6" Ruger GP100 in .357, as long as I was getting one 6" revolver I might as well make it two, that how that .44 Mag 629 found it's way home and that Ruger 45/22 Lite? Well it was lonely and I took pity on it. Well anyway when I had the XD-S in my pocket I never felt the need to look at anything else. Darn recall has been expensive for me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If Springfield sends you a tracking number, you can go onto the Fedex website and arrange to pick it up at one of their local stores. Kicker is, though, that it adds a day to delivery for some reason. So if you're home the day it's due, stay there instead.

According to the update on their website, they started shipping pistols back today. Unfortunately I have not received a notification so it is still "sit back and wait."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top