JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Might be cool as hell, they could probably make it an 8 shooter ! i have watched guys shoot the 500, not at all my idea of fun , but a 8 or 10 inch .357 max might be a hoot. I had a contender in the max about a million years ago. its a great round...tj3006

The mechanic that works on our various vehicles has become a friend over the years. He's the only person I know that runs a .357 Maximum and he's a proponent of the cartridge for silhouette shooting and other applications. I can't say I've ever had a chance to shoot one, but the ballistics are impressive.

Interesting idea on the X-frame rig. Are you thinking of reaching out to a custom maker like Bowen to see if it could be built?

The .357 Maximum (Elgin Gates' brainchild) is perfect for S&W's "X" frame revolver. I would also like to see Ruger revisit this in the Super Redhawk. A 10.5" barrel should be the minimum and it would work with a 14" barrel too.

I would love to see a resurgence of the round, especially in a single shot 'affordable' rifle. An X frame 'Smith would be out of my price range,I'm sure .

I had a Contender and let it get away, man that thing would RING plates at hundred yards with authority !

When I first got my Rossi 92 in .357 I really wanted to convert it to .357max. Unfortunately, the case is too long for the action. After reading Paco Kelly's loadings for the 92 I am more than happy with the performance I am getting from .357 mag. Right up there with 7.62x39 and .30-30.

033350ED-82F5-41D7-921D-A5469EB2FC7E.jpeg You guys are pikers........here is my real long range pistol......308 Winchester. I bought it to shoot pigs in California.

View attachment 450337 You guys are pikers........here is my real long range pistol......308 Winchester. I bought it to shoot pigs in California.

I really wish we had pigs in Or. I know they are destructive as hell, but they have got to be great fun to hunt and good eating as well. And I am talking about the porcine variety, not the pigs in Salem :rolleyes: we have enough of those already.

I bought a NIB Blackhawk SRM 357 Max way back when. It was a blast! Pun intended. Fire all over the place when shooting a whole case full of H110 or W296. The 10.5" bull barrel looked very cool, but was a bubblegum to pack.
When I saw the header to this thread I thought it could hold 8 shots, too. Give me one with a 6" barrel and I'll only complain about one thing.
Too bad the gun's so stinkin heavy...
But I'd sure like to see more of that 357 Max. It's a hot rod, for sure!

I think this Thread needs to be taken over to the S&W forum. There's a gentleman over there that just might have enough pull with the Company to make this happen.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top