JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Might be cool as hell, they could probably make it an 8 shooter ! i have watched guys shoot the 500, not at all my idea of fun , but a 8 or 10 inch .357 max might be a hoot. I had a contender in the max about a million years ago. its a great round...tj3006

The mechanic that works on our various vehicles has become a friend over the years. He's the only person I know that runs a .357 Maximum and he's a proponent of the cartridge for silhouette shooting and other applications. I can't say I've ever had a chance to shoot one, but the ballistics are impressive.

Interesting idea on the X-frame rig. Are you thinking of reaching out to a custom maker like Bowen to see if it could be built?

The .357 Maximum (Elgin Gates' brainchild) is perfect for S&W's "X" frame revolver. I would also like to see Ruger revisit this in the Super Redhawk. A 10.5" barrel should be the minimum and it would work with a 14" barrel too.

I would love to see a resurgence of the round, especially in a single shot 'affordable' rifle. An X frame 'Smith would be out of my price range,I'm sure .

I had a Contender and let it get away, man that thing would RING plates at hundred yards with authority !

When I first got my Rossi 92 in .357 I really wanted to convert it to .357max. Unfortunately, the case is too long for the action. After reading Paco Kelly's loadings for the 92 I am more than happy with the performance I am getting from .357 mag. Right up there with 7.62x39 and .30-30.

033350ED-82F5-41D7-921D-A5469EB2FC7E.jpeg You guys are pikers........here is my real long range pistol......308 Winchester. I bought it to shoot pigs in California.

View attachment 450337 You guys are pikers........here is my real long range pistol......308 Winchester. I bought it to shoot pigs in California.

I really wish we had pigs in Or. I know they are destructive as hell, but they have got to be great fun to hunt and good eating as well. And I am talking about the porcine variety, not the pigs in Salem :rolleyes: we have enough of those already.

I bought a NIB Blackhawk SRM 357 Max way back when. It was a blast! Pun intended. Fire all over the place when shooting a whole case full of H110 or W296. The 10.5" bull barrel looked very cool, but was a bubblegum to pack.
When I saw the header to this thread I thought it could hold 8 shots, too. Give me one with a 6" barrel and I'll only complain about one thing.
Too bad the gun's so stinkin heavy...
But I'd sure like to see more of that 357 Max. It's a hot rod, for sure!

I think this Thread needs to be taken over to the S&W forum. There's a gentleman over there that just might have enough pull with the Company to make this happen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top