JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Send it back to the factory?
If home cobbled, do you have go/no-go gauges?
As to "unsupported" does that barrel have metal cut out of it to form a feed ramp? If not, it is fully supported.

Not that I've done this personally (at least since the last time) are the trigger springs in the correct orientation? Also disconnector spring seated correctly?

What are you using for a buffer and spring?
I use a rifle spring, A5H4 buffer and a 2 oz Law adapter for a total mass of 22 oz.

I'd ditch that trigger for something else, sounds like it's not playing nice.
I have a CMC PCC trigger in mine, it's a little light and prone to easy bump fire/mag dump.

9mms with the weight of the bolt and buffer are known to cause disconnects to fail. Causing out of batteries, run always, lots of those sort of things can happen.

The round that I ejected manually after the trigger didn't reset has a light strike. Definitely think the hammer followed the bolt home now.

Yes I got that, but how?
Bolt weight and buffer overcome the disconnect. Hammer goes home. Had another round been in the chamber it would likely have fired.

Out of battery likely happened do to a round being stripped from the mag, control feed into the bolt and the trigger followed at the right time to detonate the round before it was fully chambered. Very common 9mm bow back issue.

This was a single round loaded though, not a follow up shot. I've definitely got two issues at play but I'm not seeing how the fcg issue could affect a single shot loaded.

FWIW, it's also an unsupported chamber. This is a snap cap:

View attachment 1087049
1639253257463.jpeg
Yours compared to two of mine. D5A21601-534D-4728-8F49-8CDB7C9DECEB.jpeg 879B07A2-FA88-48CC-8724-95DE421E88B5.jpeg

I know cmc makes one, according to their description they have changed the hammer dimensions to works better with 9mm bolts.

Got it. I've seen hammers specifically for 9mm PCC. Doing a Google search I see there are a lot of PCC "all in one" trigger assemblies. I'm old school and just use the usual separate parts with a PCC hammer.

I put a ALG ACT trigger in my foxtrot Mike fm9, and had double taps and mag dumps happening for the first few magazines after the install. Since it never did anything like that before, I figured it was the trigger group, put the factory trigger back in, and have not had an issue since. Put the ALG in a different AR, and also no problems. Been meaning to try a 9mm specific trigger since then, but haven't got around to it yet.

Last Edited:
Are you using a .308 carbine spring? Looking at aero's site, their EPC buffer kit states it comes with. Might/might not help with the auto stuff

I get bulged brass when shooting my 9mm PCC suppressed. Others have told me that it's common with suppressed and full auto. Was also having a failure to reset with a LaRue MBT at one time, but the problem hasn't returned. I didn't change anything except clean and lube.

Sprinco Red and a 7.7oz extended buffer.
I might suggest trying a sprinco orange if you have one. I have an AR15 with a red and an AR10 with an orange and the orange is considerably more difficult to compress. Just spitballing here

They are not designed for use in PCC. Please see the message below for geissele and you have voided the warranty.

Please note, our triggers are designed for mil-spec AR15/M4 carbine rifles. Our AR15 triggers are not compatible with the Sig MPX/MCX weapons or Pistol Caliber Carbine AR15/M4 variants. Using them in these platforms will void the warranty. Please refer to our Super MCX SSA or Super MPX SSA if you are using these platforms.

I will purchase said trigger from you for $50 :) so you can buy a trigger built for PCC which is a blow back gun not a gas gun like the AR15 platforms. The problem is 99.9% likely to be the S3G Trigger.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top