JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who runs and supports the WWP? If its liberals I am also done. I have sent money and participated in a fishing event. If this turns out to be true its over with WWP. Sounds like another way to divide America even within patriot ranks.

Wounded Warrior flap ‘a misunderstanding…blown out of proportion’

The on-going flap over whether the Wounded Warriors Project (WWP) is anti-gun was described to Examiner Friday morning as “a misunderstanding” that has been “blown out of proportion” by a top official with the organization

<broken link removed>

I think the clips from the Playboy mansion fund drives for WWP from a couple of years ago didn't help their supposed position on endorsements.

Maybe they just don't like Gresham's show. I don't know the show,but maybe that's the real problem and now it's all spin cause it came out like they was all anti gunners

Maybe they just don't like Gresham's show. I don't know the show,but maybe that's the real problem and now it's all spin cause it came out like they was all anti gunners

Maybe they just don't like white people... See, asinine comments are both fun AND easy! :p

Then I do a modicum of research and find that the WWP states on their website:
WWP does not co-brand, create cause marketing campaigns or receive a percentage or a portion of proceeds from companies in which the product or message is sexual, political or religious in nature, or from alcohol or weapon companies.
Additional Opportunities - Wounded Warrior Project

There is the basis for all of this hoopla.
Thank goodness for the public outcry. Maybe it will force the charity to re-evaluate their priorities.

All they are stating is that they don't co-brand, create cause marketing campaigns or receive a percentage or a portion of proceeds from companies in which ...

They have had their name stamped on knives and firearms before. They have lent their name to firearms advertising before. However, they decided that the monetary return on the effort involved wasn't worth it. So, they put that statement in to slow down the requests for use of their name and cause.

This has been interpreted to mean that they are anti-gun. They are NOT anti-gun. They just decided to use their efforts in other places.

Pops

I think the marketing PR director or whatever her title may be is definately anti-gun, but that dosen't mean the whole organization shares her views.

Maybe they just don't like white people... See, asinine comments are both fun AND easy! :p

Then I do a modicum of research and find that the WWP states on their website:
Additional Opportunities - Wounded Warrior Project

There is the basis for all of this hoopla.
Thank goodness for the public outcry. Maybe it will force the charity to re-evaluate their priorities.

Did I hurt your feelings by saying maybe they dint like your hero or something?
What make my statement asinine? Like eluded to with the spin statement and their agreement to go on the show in the end,maybe they didn't like something he stands for,other than just guns .

Why are they bad ,just because they want to stay out of the political arena? Cause they are right in the middle of it by default.with some hating soldiers for even signing up for the military.
And they help those soldiers. We don't have to take everything so personal.
And golly you did such a good job highlighting "weapons companies" and forgot all the other political hot beds they try to avoid.
Guess I read all that stuff I also found with a web search different.
Maybe with an open mind,my asinine friend.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top