JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bear hunting is easy you can do it almost anywhere you would find Deer and Elk the hard part is Bear finding followed by Bear shooting. In 45 years of Deer hunting I have seen two bear I could have shot and one would have been a 200yd shot with an open sight rifle so no attempt. Bear hunting is now by chance since they outlawed bait and dogs.
Bear hunting isnt just by chance. You just need to know how to hunt bears.

So are you doing that on purpose? I am assuming you mean bear and not beer....
I think he means bare hunting. Or maybe bare hunting with beer. Sounds interesting. However, I dont think its legal to bait bears with beer, bare or not.

Have shot 3 bears in Washington. First one was in Skamania County. Long story short, 18 feet with an old .35 rem model 14. Second one was out at Forks, Washington, with a great guide service. 80 yards, .338/06 with 210 grain. Last one Mason Co. while hunting coyotes. 50 yards with a .243.
What I've learned. The guide taught me to find a place where 1) there are bear. Scat is good indication if fresh and trails; 2) the area should have food (berries, salal, cascara, etc.); 3. has an open shooting lane up-wind with sun behind you.
Sit on a comfortable spot preferably a little higher then the area you expect the bear to show. A seat cushion is a good thing here. Be quiet. If snacks are wrapped in plastic have them in something you can unwrap quietly. Water bottles with crinkly plastic wrappers are a no no. Evenings are better than mornings--the guides say the bears show more in the p.m. Remember that cool air tends to flow down hill and warming air flows up. Hope this helps, Good Luck, Russ

Last Edited:
I was just looking to see if there would be somebody do you have with her best do you I was just looking to see if there would like to have somebody hunt Bears with but if not that's OK I like to hunt this looking for something different and maybe a new friend ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top